ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly dependant visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Helpneeded868
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Elderly dependant visa

Post by Helpneeded868 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi there,

My mother has cancer, the reliability of the meds where we live are very low. They have it at some times and not others but it's so expensive she can't afford to buy it when it is available.

We were thinking of applying for a dependent visa for her. The one problem is, they say you need to show u can live without recourse to public funds, does this mean I need to stop any claim I have ongoing? What about for my kid? Will things like CB or DLA need to stop to facilitate the application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Elderly dependant visa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:24 pm

What is your immigration status??

You do realise the ADR visa is the hardest visa to get and the most expensive and if refused (which is highly likely), it shuts the door to any future visitor visa applications.

Very few have been successful (after lengthy and costly appeals) with this visa and most were applications pre 9 July 2012 before the rules became so tough.

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... l#p1469682
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Helpneeded868
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by Helpneeded868 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm

I have ILR and have done for 10 years. Married to a British citizen. No, I didn't actually realize that. Thanks for the heads up. I just thought that maybe she would have a shot as there are hardly ever any cancer drugs at home

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:13 am

Helpneeded868 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 pm
I have ILR and have done for 10 years. Married to a British citizen. No, I didn't actually realize that. Thanks for the heads up. I just thought that maybe she would have a shot as there are hardly ever any cancer drugs at home

If you really want to bring her, then explore Surrinder Singh Route. As for ADR route, it’s a no-go area and very expensive as CR001 had said. Out of 1600 applications in 2015 only 67 got visa. The rest were refused!