ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spain Schengen Visa for Spouse of British Citizen with Tier 2

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IJOS

Spain Schengen Visa for Spouse of British Citizen with Tier 2

Post by IJOS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:39 pm

Hello Mods,
Or anybody that can help me.
I am married to a BC and have been to Spain a gazillion times on tourist visa. I never understood that I could apply as a spouse maybe because the first time I went I applied as a single person so I have just always applied on my own recognisance. We want to do a last minute trip first week of May and after reading a similar post here, I have just realise I can apply and fill the form as a spouse. My question is does it matter that I am on a company sponsored Tier 2 visa and not a spouse visa. do those requirements fall for only people with a spouse visa or does the fact that we are married count for something lol.
I will appreciate your timely response.
Thank you

Omi00007

Re: Spain Schengen Visa for Spouse of British Citizen with Tier 2

Post by Omi00007 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:16 pm

IJOS wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:39 pm
Hello Mods,
Or anybody that can help me.
I am married to a BC and have been to Spain a gazillion times on tourist visa. I never understood that I could apply as a spouse maybe because the first time I went I applied as a single person so I have just always applied on my own recognisance. We want to do a last minute trip first week of May and after reading a similar post here, I have just realise I can apply and fill the form as a spouse. My question is does it matter that I am on a company sponsored Tier 2 visa and not a spouse visa. do those requirements fall for only people with a spouse visa or does the fact that we are married count for something lol.
I will appreciate your timely response.
Thank you
As far as I know, if you have legal residence in the country you will be applying from and married to an EU Citizen, you can apply as a family member of an EU Citizen and it shouldn't matter whether you are on a spouse visa or not. You'll have to provide less documents and it will be free of charge except for VFS/BLS service fee.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Thank you for your response. Do I need to apply through BLS,. Can I not go directly to the consulate?

Cheers

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:08 pm

IJOS wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:24 pm
Thank you for your response. Do I need to apply through BLS,. Can I not go directly to the consulate?

Cheers
You definitely can go to the consulate directly, however BLS is the easier option of the two from what I know.

Please check this thread for one of the forum member's experience with regards to going to the Spanish embassy directly:

europe-immigration-forum/non-eu-partner ... l#p1591602

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 pm

Thanks for that link. I really appreciate.
Sounds like a whole lot of hassle. I’m torn at what to do now. All my previous visas have been issued at the consulate which I prefer. Bls is probably a new invention and I just don’t have the time to go back and forth.

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:15 pm

IJOS wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:30 pm
Thanks for that link. I really appreciate.
Sounds like a whole lot of hassle. I’m torn at what to do now. All my previous visas have been issued at the consulate which I prefer. Bls is probably a new invention and I just don’t have the time to go back and forth.
It does seem like a hassle, however each individual's experience is different.

IMHO if you have had experience of getting the visas directly from the consulate in the past then I would suggest going to the consulate rather than the BLS.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:33 am

Thank you .
I will see if I can get an appointment online. It’s strange though they say to apply and send documents in the post so doesn’t sound like you can book an appointment.

Muzzique
Newly Registered

Post by Muzzique » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:28 pm

I can suggest you apply at the Greek embassy consulate for a Schengen visa. You can go without an appointment in person on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

You can simply book a hotel in Greece via a website then cancel after you get the visa. Most websites offer free cancellations.

You get a 6 months Schengen visa so that enables you to travel to any Schengen countries which includes spain without the hassles that the Spanish can throw up.

Simply fill out the application form as the non-EU spouse of an EU citizen. Takes about 3 days to process.

https://www.greekembassy.org.uk/en-gb/c ... 0Consulate

The Blue section has the details and times. Simply ignore the VCS information and just go in person to the greek consulate. There is no fee this way.

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Hello Muzzique,
But then you have to travel to Greece as opposed to spain as port of first entry also the only greek consulate I believe is in London, far far away from me.
I applied today anyway so fingers crossed

MarshaFS
Newly Registered
Zambia

Post by MarshaFS » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Hey! I’m currently applying for my Spain Schengen visa as a spouse of a UK citizen. Did you use the consulate or BLS in the end and also what documents did you take to your appointment?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:04 pm

They can enter with a Schengen visa issued by Greece.
If at the port of entry they don't like it, they would have to issue a new visa.

Spouses are not tourists.
IJOS wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:38 pm
Hello Muzzique,
But then you have to travel to Greece as opposed to spain as port of first entry also the only greek consulate I believe is in London, far far away from me.
I applied today anyway so fingers crossed

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 pm

MarshaFS wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:52 pm
Hey! I’m currently applying for my Spain Schengen visa as a spouse of a UK citizen. Did you use the consulate or BLS in the end and also what documents did you take to your appointment?
Sorry I have been away . I applied at BLS because I was running out of time. I had to pay BLS fees but the visa itself was free.