ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If going with in-person premium service appt, must this be booked as part of one's online application?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

drgold
Newly Registered

If going with in-person premium service appt, must this be booked as part of one's online application?

Post by drgold » Thu May 17, 2018 7:25 am

Am switching to Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent), and I plan to do the premium service application in-person appointment. I see that it's possible to book the appointment as part of one's online Stage 2 application. But I'm concerned that (a) if I do that, I might be limited to whatever timeslots happen to be open at the time I apply, which seem likely to be over a month in the future - my wife and I would like to switch as soon as possible; and (b) for appointments booked as part of an online application, I see at https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment that the visa must be re-applied for and the fee re-paid(!) if we had to reschedule - which is a definite possibility.

My question is, is booking the appointment separately from the online application actually an option for the primary applicant of a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa? If it is an option to book it separately, it would be great to see where it says this is permitted - looking at "Who Can Use This Service" at https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-booking , it appears that a Tier 1 Dependant could book the appointment seperately, but I don't see any mention of a Tier 1 primary applicant.

(I've received my endorsement letter and have started the in-UK Stage 2 application for switching from a Tier 2 (General) to a Tier 1; my spouse will apply at the same time as dependant partner. She is currently my dependant partner on my Tier 2.)

drgold
Newly Registered

"Start date of current visa or leave to remain"

Post by drgold » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

I am on a Tier 2 (General), switching to Tier 1 ET; I originally had Tier 2 (General) leave to remain from late 2014 to late 2017, which I then extended to late 2018. So my BRP's date of issue is in 2017, but I still have the old visa sticker from 2014 showing that that's when my first leave to remain was from.

For purposes of the "start date of current visa or leave to remain" question, then: do I put the 2014 or 2017 date?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "Start date of current visa or leave to remain"

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 am

Current visa, not the original one from 2014.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: If going with in-person premium service appt, must this be booked as part of one's online application?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:50 am

If you change an appointment date within the specified timeframe, you do not pay the whole fee again.

If you cancel the appointment, then you have to withdraw your application and you could lose the fee yes.

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment

You can book an appointment on its own without applying if you are applying in a qualifying category that can apply and book separately, not sure Tier 1 ET is one of them though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

drgold
Newly Registered

Re: If going with in-person premium service appt, must this be booked as part of one's online application?

Post by drgold » Thu May 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Brilliant - I should have read more carefully the first time! Thanks very much.

drgold
Newly Registered

Re: "Start date of current visa or leave to remain"

Post by drgold » Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Thanks. And this is true even though I'm here on an extension of the visa that began in 2014? Seems strange for them to call it an "extension" if it is actually a separate visa...

drgold
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 2 to another category

Post by drgold » Thu May 17, 2018 7:05 pm

I previously successfully extended a Tier 2 visa, and am now applying to switch from Tier 2 to another category. For anyone who has done this, how did you answer the question "what is the start date of your current visa or leave to remain"? Should I use the start date of my original visa (the one I extended), or should I use the more recent "date of issue" listed on my current BRP?