ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependent to Tier 1 Exceptional talent in UK?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dpsdce
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General dependent to Tier 1 Exceptional talent in UK?

Post by dpsdce » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am

Hi Guys,

My query is regarding stage 2 of this visa, is this possible to switch to Tier1 Exceptional from Tier 2 general dependent inside the UK ?
in the latest guidance, its mentioned in point 46 that you can switch to this category if you are on Tier 1 or Tier 2 migrant I am not sure if this included dependents as well?

46. You can switch into Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) from your current category of leave to remain in
the United Kingdom if you have permission to stay as:
 a Tier 1 Migrant;
 a Tier 2 Migrant;

Also for ILR does time spent on Tier 2 general dependent counts for ILR, it does for the main applicant if he swithes to T1 Exceptional but not sure if they put dependent in the same category as well. Here is what written in guidance but it is not clear to me if this is applicable for dependents as well

85. In both cases, leave you have accrued under the following routes will count towards your three
or five-year continuous leave:
 Tier 1 Migrant (excluding as a Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Migrant or Tier 1 (PostStudy
Work) Migrant); or
 Tier 2 Migrant (excluding as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 12.01_.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General dependent to Tier 1 Exceptional talent in UK?

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 am

You cannot switch within the UK if you hold a PBS Dependent visa. You must apply from home country.

For ILR, your time as PBS Dependent does not count towards the qualifying period either as your are not a main Tier 2 visa holder.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dpsdce
Newly Registered

Post by dpsdce » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Thank you! I had also called home office helpline and got the same answer :)

drgold
Newly Registered

Post by drgold » Thu May 17, 2018 8:57 am

In the case where a Tier 2 primary visa-holder is switching to Tier 1 primary visa-holder (in the UK), that person's Tier 2 dependent visa-holder CAN switch from inside the UK to become a Tier 1 dependent if they do it at the same time as the primary applicant... am I correct about this? That's what https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-t ... ly-members seems to suggest but I've been having trouble finding more explicit confirmation of this in an official document.