ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR DL application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ademkaplan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

FLR DL application

Post by ademkaplan » Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Dear all,
I have couple of points clarified. I am confused.
I came to the UK with wife and a child who is now an adult and married. We were given discretionary leave following being refused Asylum Claim in July 2012.
we need to apply for settlement. I am on benefit. It is very expensive to apply for settlement. As we were granted Discretionary Leave on Human Right ground, should I ask to be exempted from paying the fee?
Secondly does my daughter who is over 18 now need to make a separate application using a different form?
I appreciate any help..
Regards.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: FLR DL application

Post by CMOSUK » Sat May 12, 2018 7:14 am

ademkaplan wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 pm
Dear all,
I have couple of points clarified. I am confused.
I came to the UK with wife and a child who is now an adult and married. We were given discretionary leave following being refused Asylum Claim in July 2012.
we need to apply for settlement. I am on benefit. It is very expensive to apply for settlement. As we were granted Discretionary Leave on Human Right ground, should I ask to be exempted from paying the fee?
Secondly does my daughter who is over 18 now need to make a separate application using a different form?
I appreciate any help..
Regards.
Hi,

If you could clarify where you granted under the old rules (old DLR before 9 July 2012) 6 years to settlement or under the new rules that requires 10 years to settlement (onwards from 9 July 2012).

Also if you could clarify when did you enter the UK and on what leave to remain did you initially enter on?

In regards to asking for a fee waiver exemption for an application of ILR, there is none I'm afraid, you will have to pay full fee's in this regard.

As her leave to remain was granted inline with your leave to remain, you should include her as part of the application as your dependent.

Anymore questions please ask here.

In regards to you receiving public funds (benefits) do you have on your BRP card or any home office correspondence in relation to your DLR the "no recourse to public funds" conditions?
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

ademkaplan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by ademkaplan » Tue May 15, 2018 11:14 am

Thank you for the reply.
I and my family entered the UK prior to 2010 as asylum seekers. we were refused asylum and granted discretionary leave. this was prior to July 2012.

I have checked the form and it gives an option to ask for exemption. and also on the form it say for my adult child I need to make a separate application. I am confused.
once more thank you.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Tue May 15, 2018 12:01 pm

ademkaplan wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:14 am
Thank you for the reply.
I and my family entered the UK prior to 2010 as asylum seekers. we were refused asylum and granted discretionary leave. this was prior to July 2012.

I have checked the form and it gives an option to ask for exemption. and also on the form it say for my adult child I need to make a separate application. I am confused.
once more thank you.
What form are you looking at? You can claim exemption of fee's for extensions of leave to remain, but as far as my understanding is, not for an application of ILR.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

ademkaplan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Post by ademkaplan » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am

Thank You..
the form is called FLR(DL).
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -04-18.pdf
On page 5 it says "If you are claiming an exemption from paying the fee tick this box"
Regards.

CMOSUK
Mood:

Post by CMOSUK » Thu May 17, 2018 10:44 am

ademkaplan wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 am
Thank You..
the form is called FLR(DL).
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -04-18.pdf
On page 5 it says "If you are claiming an exemption from paying the fee tick this box"
Regards.
Again that will only apply if you are applying for a further extension, as far as my understanding is, all applications for ILR are not exempt from the fee waiver policy and it would be at the discretion of UKVI if you were to ask them for a longer period of leave to remain than normal or ILR.

Fee waiver policy guidance page 11