ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting Passport and ID back after successful application.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vulajsv
Newly Registered

Getting Passport and ID back after successful application.

Post by vulajsv » Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 am

Hello

Just wanted some help from admins or other users with their stories if is any similar.

So I was accepted to get married in UK and 2 weeks before the weeding I got detained for 8 Days on Jul 2017 . When Emigration Enforcement come to my house I've give to them my Passport and ID (I wished I never would) . After I got released from Detention I got married and applied for Visa (FLR (FP)) on Sep 2017.
I got the decision by March 2018 which was successful under Human Rights . However I've got my BRP and all the documents we have send with the application back etc but not my passport or ID at all .

I've asked the HO Officer at Report Center for my passport (I was signing at report center every 2 weeks since I was released from detention).
He said he will sort that out and few days later I got a letter from them saying to call this number 03001232241 which it just gives you general information . However I've managed to talk with the Costumer Service and he said that they don't know nothing at all . After that I've filled a form online to return my passport back, waited more than 10 business days and nothing , after that I requested a progress form for this and still nothing yet. I did email Public.Enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk for this and they responded saying they will get back within 20 days .

It has been more than 2 months now and nothing yet .

I was thinking to go and do a new Passport at the Embassy but not sure if this will effect anything at all

If someone has more information how to get the passport back or if has been in similar situation then please reply here how you did it .

Many thanks

Alam-
Mood:

Re: Getting Passport and ID back after successful application.

Post by Alam- » Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 am

Ask home office if they have it or it's lost, If they have it, they should return, if lost ask them in writing and file a lost passport polic complaint, apply new passport.
You can apply a new passport 6 month before expiry(depending on your country) but you still need to sort out your old (existing) passport anyway.

vulajsv
Newly Registered

Post by vulajsv » Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 am

That's the point they are not answering me and I'm not being able to contact them at all .

No answers and nothing from them

webdesignt
Newly Registered

Post by webdesignt » Thu May 17, 2018 11:33 pm

How long has it been? My experience is that the Home Office are really slow but they do end up getting back to us.