ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dilemma about EEA4, applying period ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Akib11
Newly Registered

Dilemma about EEA4, applying period ?

Post by Akib11 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:01 am

Hi,

I am facing huge problem because of "Brexit" hype, Currently i have EEA2 visa but it will be expiring on 11 November 2019, I am a Mobile App Developer and most of employer not considering my application because my visa gonna expire next year, its very hard to convince them to consider my job application.

My Visa Background Non EEA (indian):
when i came to UK in 2010, I was on student visa till 28/02/2014.
Got married to EEA citizen: 24-July-2013

EEA2 process, refusal & appeal Dates:
Application Date:: August 2013
COA received Date:: 6 September 2013
Refusal letter Date:: 6 January 2014
Court Oral hearing Date:: 16 July 2014

EEA2 Visa received Date: 11 November 2014

So this year on 24-July-2018 it will be 5 years completed of being married to EEA citizen, but my EEA2 visa 5 years will complete on 11-November-2019.

Following are my questions::
1) Can i apply for EEA4 permanent resident permit this year on 24-July-2018 ? it will be 5 years of being married to EEA citizen
2) Me & my EEA wife both are planning to apply together for EEA4, She is living in UK since from last 10 years and last 6 years working continuously. So shall we apply EEA4 together or individually ?

Other Option:
Shall i wait for settled status, because The PM said that from the end of 2018 there will be a online “transparent, smooth and streamlined” process to allow EU citizens & their family member to apply for "settled status". But still i don't believe it will happen in 2018 and i can't wait that long because i need some paper proof to show my employers and start working asap.

any suggestion or help, will be great for me.
Thanks

thsths

Re: Dilemma about EEA4, applying period ?

Post by thsths » Thu May 17, 2018 6:03 pm

EEA rights for family members are automatic, so your 5 year period started 24-July-2013, and you can apply for EEA PR on 24-July-2018 (not 30 days earlier, as it would be under UK law).

Personally, I would have recommended for your partner to apply for EEA PR long ago, but I do not think it makes a big difference now. Your partner can apply for citizenship once EEA PR is granted, and you could apply for citizenship after that.

Of course our PM said a lot of things, including that you have to apply again after Brexit, but I would not trust any of that.

Akib11
Newly Registered

Re: Dilemma about EEA4, applying period ?

Post by Akib11 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 am

Thanks thsths, i really appreciate your helpful reply and will prepare my & wife's documents for EEA4 PR to apply in the End of July.