ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence obtained, two questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Salem
- thin ice -

Permanent Residence obtained, two questions

Post by Salem » Fri May 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi,

My non EU Wife has just obtained UK biometrics PR. Her card states -

RESIDENCE CARD OF A FAMILY MEMBER OF A UNION CITIZEN.

We have two questions, forgive us if they seem silly, we just want to be sure,

1) My wife didn't need a Schengen Visa to visit Spain or wherever in the EU when she had her 5 Year Residence Card and travelling with me, as it stated family member of EU Citizen. Are we correct in assuming/hoping that will still be the case with her newly issued PR Card, as it states the same, and is a Residence Card?

2) When we re-enter the UK, does my wife still go through the EU/UK Passport queue, she doesn't go through the e passport queue, as she has the biometrics card? Her passport is not an e passport, so assuming it's same as, and just has to show her PR Biometrics Card with her non EU Passport.

Thanks in advance.

Salem
- thin ice -

Re: Permanent Residence obtained, two questions

Post by Salem » Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am

Can anyone help me with any of the two questions, please?

osoronga
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by osoronga » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Response to your questions:
1. The travel conditions of PR are the same as when she had the RC.
2 She can use the EU/UK passport queue.
I hold a RC as well. Last April when I came into the UK, the Border Force agent told me I was entitled to use the EU/UK passport queue as well. I was with my EU wife. I forgot to ask him if I were travelling alone, can I still use the EU/UK queue?

benaly
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by benaly » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:48 am

I hold a RC and always go through the EU/ UK passport section when I travel alone, never have had any problem..