ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Found old Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itmanager
Mood:
India

Found old Indian Passport

Post by itmanager » Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 am

My old Indian passport was lost and expired. I applied for new Indian passport and got New Indian passport. Now I have found my Old Indian Passport which was expired and of no use to me. I took a photocopy of my old passport

Does anyone know what I should do with my Old Expired Indian Passport ?

Many Thanks

takdeerwala
India

Re: Found old Indian Passport

Post by takdeerwala » Fri May 18, 2018 3:26 pm

When you applied for new Indian Passport was there any Police Report for lost Passport (Old) ?? Anyways it is cancelled by Indian Embassy and expired.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 18, 2018 5:02 pm

itmanager wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:34 am
My old Indian passport was lost and expired. I applied for new Indian passport and got New Indian passport. Now I have found my Old Indian Passport which was expired and of no use to me. I took a photocopy of my old passport

Does anyone know what I should do with my Old Expired Indian Passport ?

Many Thanks
Whatever you do don't travel with it. Even though authorities would have cancelled this while issuing new one, if it flashes on passport control you could easily called for refreshments.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

itmanager
Mood:
India

Post by itmanager » Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 pm

Thank you all.

Obviously I wouldn't travel with my old passport but I am thinking of 2 Options

1) Destroy my old Indian Passport by myself or

2) Call Indian Embassy and surrender it to them. I am travelling soon so If this process takes money and time for surrendering old passport then i will be in trouble.

Please let me know if there is any better option to deal with old passport.

Many Thanks

takdeerwala
India

Post by takdeerwala » Sat May 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Advise from other people is to just keep it at a safe place. It is not supposed to be used as it is cancelled. In future some applicaions may require old passport or visa numbers !!! Old passports are not supposed to be thrown in trash as it may be misused. It is cancelled and keep it in a secure place.