ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT visa (urgent please help!)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ckhim89
Newly Registered
Singapore

Tier 2 ICT visa (urgent please help!)

Post by Ckhim89 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi there, would just like some advice as I’m in a bit of a pickle. Have spoken to a few different advisers and received some conflicting advice so if anyone knows do help!

I recently got offered a job with a connected overseas employer in the UK and am good to go on all requirements (salary close to 50k pounds, certificate of sponsorship letter obtained, have been working with a connected overseas branch for almost 4 years and my employer is A rated and I am exempted from the minimum funds requirement).

My problem is that I took about 30.5 working days’ of unpaid leave in the last 12 months for exam purposes. These 30.5 days are not consecutive and are broken up by paid days (even if it’s just 1 or 2 paid days in between). My longest consecutive days off is 24 days.

I am able to provide all 12 months’ of my payslips and it will show quite clearly that there are ‘unpaid leave’ deductions in certain months. For the whole of October I was essentially unpaid, although I do still have a payslip.

My question is whether this would disqualify me? My employer is worried that it may and wants me to wait another 6 months before I have a full 12 months of paid days in order to apply but this is difficult for me as I have made arrangements to leave the country such as resign from my job and given notice on my tenancy agreement.

I know that the policy states that the only time leave of more than 1 month is allowed is for sickness, maternity / paternity and adoption - however I’m wondering how this fits in in my story. I got some legal advice and was told to go ahead given that my 30.5 working days is just on the cusp of a month, and because my days are broken up it is arguably not a month. I can provide 24 months worth of payslips instead of 12 if that would help and can also obtain a letter from my employer to certify that I have been continuously employed since 2014.

If anyone has any experience / advice in this regard that would be most helpful.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT visa (urgent please help!)

Post by moonlight55 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:44 pm

I personally think that it should be fine.