ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal or Reapply help!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aaa0987
Newly Registered

Appeal or Reapply help!!!!

Post by aaa0987 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I've recently been refused on my Spouse visa application

The letter stated the reason for refusal:

Eligibility English Language Requirement
" You do not meet the eligibility English language requirement paragraphs E-LTRP.4.1. to 4.2 because you have not provided evidence that you have achieved a qualification in English to level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages as stated in Appendix ) of the Immigration Rules. It is also noted that you have yet to complete your degree at the University of **** and therefore this cannot be used to demonstrate that you meet the English requirement. It is noted that none of the exceptions detailed in E-LTRP.4.1 to E-LTRP 4.2 apply in your case. You, therefore, fail to fulfil E-LTRP 4.1 to E-LTRP 4.2 of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules "

The situation is that I'm completing my University Degree and I thought that it would have been enough to prove for English Requirement, however, the truth is that I have to completed and hold the degree before the date of the application.

I have completed a University Foundation Programme at a College in the UK, QCF level 3 equivalent in 2015.

My questions are:

1. Can I use my University Foundation Programme certificate as an "Academic Qualification that was taught or researched in English" to prove my knowledge of English?

2. If I could, should I appeal my case or reapply a new application?

3. If I appeal, am I appealing under "A decision to refuse a human rights claim for entry clearance" or which one?

Please help me as soon as possible as I only have 14 days to appeal!

Thank you so much!!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Appeal or Reapply help!!!!

Post by seagul » Sat May 19, 2018 6:00 pm

In the absence of A1 level of English test your achieved qualification must be a fully completed degree at least of bachelor level from public university.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Sat May 19, 2018 6:16 pm

Either sit in a home office approved tests (quickest way) or wait for the completion of your degree (probably will take longer). No way around mate.

aaa0987
Newly Registered

Post by aaa0987 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:44 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:00 pm
In the absence of A1 level of English test your achieved qualification must be a fully completed degree at least of bachelor level from public university.
Thanks for the advice!

I'm graduating in July 2018, do you think I should wait until then and reapply?

And do you know if I reapply, do all the documentation have to be renewed to date as in 28days of application submission or I can use those old ones that I have applied for my first application?

Thanks!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat May 19, 2018 8:42 pm

aaa0987 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:44 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 6:00 pm
Thanks for the advice!

I'm graduating in July 2018, do you think I should wait until then and reapply?

And do you know if I reapply, do all the documentation have to be renewed to date as in 28days of application submission or I can use those old ones that I have applied for my first application?

Thanks!
Yes you should wait if you can until you got your degree. You can't use those 28+ days old documents especially relating to finances, accommodation etc in your new application as they shouldn't be older than 28 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.