ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for retention of South African Citizenship when applying for British Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chrisgro
Newly Registered
South Africa

Application for retention of South African Citizenship when applying for British Naturalisation

Post by chrisgro » Sun May 20, 2018 1:17 pm

I am beginning my Naturalisation application process and have been made aware that I need to apply to retain my South African citizenship. I am really hoping that everything runs smoothly so I don't have to re-submit anything so your help is much appreciated! I have filled out the three forms listed below:

- NQ Confirmation of the non-acquisition of British citizenship
- BI-529 Determination of citizenship status
- BI-1664 Application for retention of South African citizenship

I have two questions regarding two of these forms:

1.) NQ Confirmation of the non-acquisition of British citizenship https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ip-form-nq

- Regarding page 3, the three tick boxes, the first two seem to ask for the same information if the person filling out the document is the same person applying. I don't want to make an incorrect selection and have the application rejected because of it... Any idea if I am supposed to select all three boxes as a standard?

2.) BI-529 Determination of citizenship status
http://southafricahouseuk.com/civic/citret.php

-Question 9(c) "The date on which you returned to South Africa permanently"/ I haven't returned to SA permanently, nor do I know for sure when I will. What am I to answer here?

Thanks in advance,
Chris