ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I claim benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajmeet
Newly Registered
India

Can I claim benefits

Post by rajmeet » Sun May 20, 2018 2:11 pm

First of all thank you for your time.Me my husband and two kids (9 years old and 2 years old both born in uk) claimed asylum in Oct 2017 which was refused on 4th April 2018 and home  office  gave us discretionary  leave  to  remain  for 30 months on 4th 2018.On biometric cards they haven't written no  access to public funds. We didn't  claim asylum  support before.
           Now my question  is ....
           Can we claim child benefit
           Can we claim housing benefit 
If we can claim this and when we have to submit  application  for extension of our visa will these  benefits  put negative  affect  on our visa. Or which benefits  we can claim

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can I claim benefits

Post by CR001 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:38 pm

If your visa says no recourse to public funds then no you cannot claim any benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.