ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependent switch over

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kavchand
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependent switch over

Post by kavchand » Sun May 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi,
I am currently on my Tier 4 student visa (general) and would like to move to a Tier 2 dependent of my partner while staying in the UK. We have been in a relationship for the last one and a half years and are in the process of getting into a civil marriage. We have all approvals for the marriage and are just waiting to have the ceremony. Post this, I would be switching over as a Tier 2 dependent from within the UK. The concern we have is how the home office will consider this case given that I have less than a month remaining on my Tier 4 visa. We have sufficient evidence to prove genuineness of relationship (photographs, messages, calls, cards and cohabitation) but are worried about the negative consequences in case of a rejection. Thus, another option we have is for us to go back to our home country, get married and then apply from there for a Tier 2 dependent. I would like for any advice regarding (1) the possibility of rejection due to last minute affairs (2) If its better to marry in the UK and switch while in the country or get married in home country and then apply for a Tier 2 dependent from there, given our scenario.
Thank you.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 4 to Tier 2 dependent switch over

Post by cyclina1 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 am

kavchand wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:19 pm
Hi,
I am currently on my Tier 4 student visa (general) and would like to move to a Tier 2 dependent of my partner while staying in the UK. We have been in a relationship for the last one and a half years and are in the process of getting into a civil marriage. We have all approvals for the marriage and are just waiting to have the ceremony. Post this, I would be switching over as a Tier 2 dependent from within the UK. The concern we have is how the home office will consider this case given that I have less than a month remaining on my Tier 4 visa. We have sufficient evidence to prove genuineness of relationship (photographs, messages, calls, cards and cohabitation) but are worried about the negative consequences in case of a rejection. Thus, another option we have is for us to go back to our home country, get married and then apply from there for a Tier 2 dependent. I would like for any advice regarding (1) the possibility of rejection due to last minute affairs (2) If its better to marry in the UK and switch while in the country or get married in home country and then apply for a Tier 2 dependent from there, given our scenario.
Thank you.
you can switch within the UK, if you can provide the evidences as you listed plus sufficient evidences that you are really going to marry your partner (1). Of course, after marriage (2) can make your case even stronger.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.