ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport application question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sajgil5

passport application question

Post by sajgil5 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Hey guys

Am applying fr passport after receiving citizenship certificate and have question

Section 3: its asking if i have ever had any passport .. is that just UK ? or do i need to fill in details about my indian passport as ill be surrendering it next week

section 5: after filling details of citizenship cert, do i need to send them original copy ? as they are returning docs back in terrible packaging

thx

alterhase58
Germany

Re: passport application question

Post by alterhase58 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:55 pm

HMPO require originals of ALL uncancelled passports and the original Certificate. You can pay extra for secure return delivery of documents. I am not familiar with the Indian passport process. If they cancel the passport then you would not have to submit it - cancellation could be by rubber stamp i.e. "this passport is cancelled" or by cutting one corner,or punching holes.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: passport application question

Post by cyclina1 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:48 am

sajgil5 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 5:36 pm
Hey guys

Am applying fr passport after receiving citizenship certificate and have question

Section 3: its asking if i have ever had any passport .. is that just UK ? or do i need to fill in details about my indian passport as ill be surrendering it next week.

If you don't have it because the embassy keeps it after you surrender your indian citizenship, you don't need to provide.

section 5: after filling details of citizenship cert, do i need to send them original copy ? as they are returning docs back in terrible packaging

You must send them the original copy.

thx
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.