ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Born before 1983 to a British mother

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Application Processes

Post by JamieandLaine » Thu May 10, 2018 2:53 am

Hello,
I have applied for a British Citizenship by descent mother. I am from Australia and I have done my biometrics. I was hoping if anyone could tell me what part of the process this is done. Is it at the start or near the end? I hate filling out documents and I would really love to know, I am paranoid that I have made a mistake on my documents. I have paid for an email to the home office but haven’t had a reply to my questions yet.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Application Processes

Post by Hstepper07 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:16 am

It is one of the first processes that they carry out. Did you not use the guide to complete your application? You can always members if you are unsure of any part of the form that you filled incorrectly?

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by JamieandLaine » Thu May 10, 2018 5:41 am

Thanks for the answer. Yes I used the guide, I just get a bit worried in case I missed something.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu May 10, 2018 7:22 am

Hi

Normally if you have missed any important document, case worker should write you a letter to provide that documents.

Sometimes case workers do refuse the application but again that depends on the case worker.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by JamieandLaine » Thu May 10, 2018 10:46 am

Thanks.
I pretty sure I have all the docs. I even used my grandparents birth and marriage certificate. I am probably worried about nothing. I do hate the fact that you can’t find out if your application is with a a case officer though. I guess I just have to sit back and try to be patient.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu May 10, 2018 11:40 am

JamieandLaine wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:53 am
Hello,
I have applied for a British Citizenship by descent mother. I am from Australia and I have done my biometrics. I was hoping if anyone could tell me what part of the process this is done. Is it at the start or near the end? I hate filling out documents and I would really love to know, I am paranoid that I have made a mistake on my documents. I have paid for an email to the home office but haven’t had a reply to my questions yet.
I'm sure you'll be fine, if you've read the guide and and answered to the best of your judgement (and double checked)... All the best! :)

By the way, you paid to email the home office? How does that work?

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by JamieandLaine » Thu May 10, 2018 11:59 am

Hi.
There is a link on the UK gov website. Don’t bother though if it’s for Citizenship as they just give you a phone number to ring for another department who can’t tell me anything anyhow.

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Born before 1983 to a British mother

Post by JamieandLaine » Mon May 21, 2018 12:11 am

Hello.
Can anyone tell me if I apply for British citizenship form ukm Born before 1983 to a British mother. Will that give me the right to live and work in the UK?

vinny

Re: Born before 1983 to a British mother

Post by vinny » Mon May 21, 2018 12:13 am

Posts merged.

Yes, after grant of registration.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by JamieandLaine » Mon May 21, 2018 12:24 am

Thanks Vinny. So once I have done my ceremony (assuming I get it). It will give me the right to live and work?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 am

Yes. Subsequently apply for a British passport. Use that as evidence of your rights to enter, live and work.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JamieandLaine
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by JamieandLaine » Mon May 21, 2018 1:21 am

Thank you Vinny. Unfortunately with this wait time (been 3 weeks since biometrics done) I read and always find new information wether relevant or not and then get myself all confused. Hopefully I get a response from them soon.