ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent extension (while main applicant is going for ILR)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Tier 2 dependent extension (while main applicant is going for ILR)

Post by Alex218 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi all,

I have a query. I am eligible for ILR in Aug 2018 on Tier 2 (G) basis. My wife, currently a Tier 2 dependent, has her Tier 2 dependent visa expiring in April 2019, however she would only complete her 5 years as Tier 2 (G) dependent in Dec 19.

I have read on this forum that as Tier 2 dependent the best option for her is to extend her Tier 2 (G) dependent visa and apply for ILR once she completes 5 years. My question however is that can she actually apply for Tier 2 (G) extension, say in Nov 18 after i receive my ILR, even if i am no longer on Tier 2 (G)? or is it better if she applies for Tier 2 (G) extension at the same time as my ILR?

thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 dependent extension (while main applicant is going for ILR)

Post by cyclina1 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:25 am

No worries. Read page 29 yourself. even you are ILR, your partner can extend after you grant ILR. However, also good idea to apply extension once you get ILR just because the IHS surcharge will be doubled and the rule now seems not allowed the refund of IHS surcharge of remain years after ILR granted.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 3.0ext.pdf
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Re: Tier 2 dependent extension (while main applicant is going for ILR)

Post by Alex218 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am

Thats quite helpful - thank you!