ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:09 am

@Kay238 check the timeline threads
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:38 am

Jenume wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 4:37 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 am
My husband emailed them for escalation yesterday.
They response quickly that my application is with case worker and they ll ask me if any documents needed. Till then I have to wait.
After that they emailed that email has been fwded to escalate the application. Within 15 working days I can expect answer.
Anyone else hv same expierence??? How many escalation they can made???next 4th June 6th month 'll b started ...
Pls pray...and tell me so much of delay means something negative .??
Really too down n upset...
I'm still also waiting and in my 7th month now. Have escalated the case 4 times no use. Have involved MP no use. Dont worry. You are not the only one and delay doesnt mean negative.
Thanks alot for replying....is it your second applicatio?????

Jenume
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jenume » Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 am

[/quote]
[/quote]

No its my first application.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 am

Jenume wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 am
[/quote]

[/quote]

After escalation....Did u hear something from them???
I mean any email????
And if kids r also included in your application??.??

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am

Jenume wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Have u applied from Pakistan??..
I mean for a Pakistani national spouce ????

Jenume
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jenume » Fri May 18, 2018 4:17 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 11:24 am
Jenume wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]
No Im a Sri Lankan. No kids are included and after every escalation I got an email saying sorry for the delay and they cant give a timeline.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 am

Jenume wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 4:17 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Jenume wrote:
[/quote]
No Im a Sri Lankan. No kids are included and after every escalation I got an email saying sorry for the delay and they cant give a timeline.
[/quote]
Your husband is British national ???
Do u hv some bad immigration history????

Jenume
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jenume » Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 8:34 am
Jenume wrote:
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Jenume wrote:
[/quote]
[/quote]
No bad immigration history. I have already been to UK for my studies and left UK before my Visa even ended. So I dont see any bad immigration history. My husband is not a British National but has ILR.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Jenume wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Jenume wrote:
Khokhar1980 wrote:

[/quote]
No bad immigration history. I have already been to UK for my studies and left UK before my Visa even ended. So I dont see any bad immigration history. My husband is not a British National but has ILR.
[/quote]
Well...I dont see any reason of delay...one of my known sister...she got visa within 60 days...even her husband didn't take the call from UKVI as at the time of call he was in Pakistan. Their lawyer informed UKVI tgat call him once he 'll b back to UK...instead of this ...they have sent him visa within next 10 days without havinv interview. That was kind of shock for me but I was happy for her that atleast someone has got the happiness of living with their loved ones...
Anyways...don't know what is their criteria and what they r trying to dig out ...
If they r not satisfied...refuse case so that we can move fwd.
What is the point of keeping people hanged between something....this is obviously heart breaking ..
Nothing can b done...
Praying for u..May God bless u with happiness..

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am

Hi everyone my hubby done biometric on the 30/04/18 (priority)On the 18/05/18 I sent an email to ukvi they replied within 20 minutes of email being sent. On the 19/05/18 i received back the return of supporting documents, what confused me the application and appendix 2 form were also sent back with supporting documents. However inside the package a letter was enclose that states: Dear sir/madam. Sponsor documents
Thank you for sending documents in support of U.K. visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by U.K. visa and immigration in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.
In due course the applicant will received a decision on the application.

1) does this means a decision is imminent
2) is it normal to receive back application along with appendix 2 when returning back supporting documents.

Thank you

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:25 am

San111 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am
Hi everyone my hubby done biometric on the 30/04/18 (priority)On the 18/05/18 I sent an email to ukvi they replied within 20 minutes of email being sent. On the 19/05/18 i received back the return of supporting documents, what confused me the application and appendix 2 form were also sent back with supporting documents. However inside the package a letter was enclose that states: Dear sir/madam. Sponsor documents
Thank you for sending documents in support of U.K. visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by U.K. visa and immigration in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.

2) is it normal to receive back application along with appendix 2 when returning back supporting documents.

Thank you
I got my documents back on 1st May and decision was made on 10th May. If you are within the 30 days then you should hear back within this timeframe. When I got my supporting documents back I got appendix 2 and the online application returned, so yes it's normal :). Good luck !!

Jenume
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Jenume » Sun May 20, 2018 4:34 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:36 pm
Jenume wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:17 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Jenume wrote:

[/quote]
Well...I dont see any reason of delay...one of my known sister...she got visa within 60 days...even her husband didn't take the call from UKVI as at the time of call he was in Pakistan. Their lawyer informed UKVI tgat call him once he 'll b back to UK...instead of this ...they have sent him visa within next 10 days without havinv interview. That was kind of shock for me but I was happy for her that atleast someone has got the happiness of living with their loved ones...
Anyways...don't know what is their criteria and what they r trying to dig out ...
If they r not satisfied...refuse case so that we can move fwd.
What is the point of keeping people hanged between something....this is obviously heart breaking ..
Nothing can b done...
Praying for u..May God bless u with happiness..
[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words. May God be with u as well. Happy for your known sister. Hopefully we will get soon as well. I got a non straightforward email om the 54th day and askinv for bank statements. We sent them immediately. After that no sound from them. What irritates me more is that my passport is stuck with them for 7 months now and I cant travel out of country even..

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Mon May 21, 2018 6:24 am

Hi everyone. I applied for spouse visa with my son and this is my timeline. Online application Dec 12, biometrics Dec 21.not straight forward message received on Mar 15.Asked to pay child IHS on April 12th and since then i have not heard from HO and my documents have still not been returned.Anyone waiting this long???And why are documents still not returned.i requested for an escalation on may 10 but received reply it has been escalated on may 16.since then nothing. It almost 22 weeks now

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:51 am

Ghanagirl wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 6:24 am
Hi everyone. I applied for spouse visa with my son and this is my timeline. Online application Dec 12, biometrics Dec 21.not straight forward message received on Mar 15.Asked to pay child IHS on April 12th and since then i have not heard from HO and my documents have still not been returned.Anyone waiting this long???And why are documents still not returned.i requested for an escalation on may 10 but received reply it has been escalated on may 16.since then nothing. It almost 22 weeks now
From where have u applied????
Country from where u made application ???

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Mon May 21, 2018 8:07 am

@Khokar GHANA

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:13 am

You will get the documents back once decision are made.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Ghanagirl
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Ghanagirl » Mon May 21, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks @Londoner

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Londoner007 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:13 am
You will get the documents back once decision are made.
Last week my hubby has sent them email requesting for escalation.today I got an email in that response that we are working and we will make a decision as soon as we will able to..
We can't give u any time frame..
It seems quite rude response to me.
Does that mean that they can take unlimited number of months or may b years to make decision?????
I'm really upset by now. R they delaying coz they r finding reasons to refuse????
Anyone else with the same email from Pakistan?????

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:19 pm

wak9001 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:25 am
San111 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am

Thank you
I got my documents back on 1st May and decision was made on 10th May. If you are within the 30 days then you should hear back within this timeframe. When I got my supporting documents back I got appendix 2 and the online application returned, so yes it's normal :). Good luck !!
Fingers cross! I’m hoping for the best.

Abk786
Newly Registered

Post by Abk786 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 pm

After calling to request a case escalation has anybody ever had a email directly from sheffield to say the application has been forwarded to the relevant department etc.

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Mon May 21, 2018 3:53 pm

I receive a email today stating application is at decision making center,does anyone know me how long will it take while at decision making center.

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm

Abk786 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 pm
After calling to request a case escalation has anybody ever had a email directly from sheffield to say the application has been forwarded to the relevant department etc.
I had email today ...stating...
We are working on application and we will make decision as soon as we will be able to. So there is no time frame when we will decide application.
Exactly these killing words which I got from them today and was thinking if really there is any law for processing period?????
I'm literally scared and upset.as next month 4ty June...my sixth month 'll b started and it 'll b above 100 working days.

Abk786
Newly Registered

Post by Abk786 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Khokhar1980 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm
Abk786 wrote:
We are working on application and we will make decision as soon as we will be able to. So there is no time frame when we will decide application.
Exactly these killing words which I got from them today and was thinking if really there is any law for processing period?????
I'm literally scared and upset.as next month 4ty June...my sixth month 'll b started and it 'll b above 100 working days.
Was the email from the Sheffield office? Have they ever requested any info from you in the time you have been waiting (after sending the support docs)

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Abk786 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:37 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:28 pm
Abk786 wrote:
Was the email from the Sheffield office? Have they ever requested any info from you in the time you have been waiting (after sending the support docs)
Well..on 4th Jan 2018 my biomatric were done...and then they called me for interview in Islamabad Pakistan through video link. Means my case officer was sitting in UK and she took my interview on web cam for one n half hr and on same time ..my hubby also was on telephonic interview with her other fellow.
Interview was on 4th april.
As it went very fine so we were expecting decision soon but after 6 weeks, my husband emailed them by paid service for escalation and it was on 13th May. And they answered my hubby within half an hour that they have passed info to escalation deptt and we 'll hear from them witjin 15 working days. And today on 21st May , I got an email from shiefield,which I stated above.
They never ever asked me for any docs or second in camera interview.
Their words are so rude. That they ll make the decision when they ll be able to....What does that mean...???
And they cant give me any time frame????
Means there is no law for processing time and they are not bound by any law in regard of processing time.
Me and my husband has decided to hire Barrister now coz enough is enough.they r holding my pp as well.

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 am

jamshaid wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:40 am
@ Halisonu5

I can understand your frustrations as i have been going through same. I applied for my wife and son on 15th Nov 2017 received not straightforward E-mail on 6th Feb 2018 and asked to Pay for Child IHS on 13th April 2018 after escalating my application. It going to be full 6 months in a week time and at present its 114 working days.
its our first application and taking ages for unknown reasons. They are still unable to decide. All we can do is hope and keep patience. :(
You have been very patient..its been long wait, may Allah swt make it easy for us all n grant us what is best for us....they may just be busy!!...i will post an update as soon as I get one....