ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important but sensitive query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StayInUK
Newly Registered

Important but sensitive query

Post by StayInUK » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:17 pm

Dear friends

This query is particularly for people are working in UK using ork permit visa sponsored by an indian company (like accenture, wipro, satyam, infosys etc.,)...

My questions to those people are

1. Do we need to tell our indian company (through which i have the work permit and working for a client in UK) that we are going to apply for Tier 1 general highly skilled professional Visa ?

2. My intension is to apply for Tier 1 without informing my current company. Is there any situation wherein i am forced to tell this to them during the course of the application process ?

3.In case, it is possible without their notice, if my Tier1 Visa gets rejected, will it affect my existing work permit visa ? In this case, will my current employer (indian company) will come to know of this ?

4. Any document/approval/letter is needed from my indian company to apply for Tier 1 ?

I appreciate your reply (especially , it would be nice if i get a reply from those who belong to any of the above companies which i have mentioned and have got Tier 1 Visa )

Regards

StayInUK
Newly Registered

Post by StayInUK » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:08 am

Hi Folks,

I am sure that the people in this forum would have come across this thought/question before they start thinking of applying for Tier1 Visa and i am one of them.

So, i am eagerly waiting to hear from you, your suggestion and inputs in this regard.

Hence please reply to my post above.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 am

No, No, No and No.
________
Honda Airport History
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:00 am

Same answer friend,

No No No No

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:15 am

At times Home Office (case worker) make phone call to the employer for verification of earnings. You may take care of this aspect in an appropriate way.

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 am

Make sure that you have all pay slips /Bank statement /Letter from Employer/P60 as per current guidence...I think that u wont get a letter from employer stating your salary for last 12 months(if you can get it somehow then good)

StayInUK
Newly Registered

Post by StayInUK » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input. I will plan accordingly.

Those of you who have only viewed this post, i can understand for not giving their input.

But, the input is really essential especially for people like us who are just thinking as to whether we can courageously go for applying Tier 1.

Regards

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm

StayinUK,

Go ahead and apply for Tier -1. Recently one of my friend applied for Tier 1 and his situation is exactly same as yours. Per Diem / Allowances in UK & Salary in India. His application is a success and it took 3 weeks for decision making. Also he got 3 Year Visa stamped on his / dependants passport.

if possible try to get below, which can strengthen your application.

1) get your payslips / per diem slips stamped.
2) letter from your employer about your perdiem/allowances.
3) get prinout of your self asssesment form from BIA website.

All the best for your application.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:36 pm

thanks itsme.. gave some hope to me

Can you elaborate on how your friend submitted the previous earnings option?

For us, the total perdiem is also shown in Indian salary statement. Its first added and then deducted, and hence its lot of confusion reading through payslip and bankstatements.
I'm planning of providing Indian salary slip, indian salary bank account, and UK allowance bank account to justify it.
Hopefully, i can convert my Indian salary part using upliftment ratio and show UK allowance part as normal UK salary.
Can anyone advice me , if this is ok?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm

sojan wrote:Hopefully, i can convert my Indian salary part using upliftment ratio and show UK allowance part as normal UK salary.
No offence my friend, but it's been suggested to you before as well that this is not possible since the rules do not allow it. And rules will remain the same no matter who responds to your queries or if you post the same question again and again.

Why don't you read the Tier 1 policy guidance or you use the online self-assessment tool to figure it all out for yourself ??

regards

push

Post by push » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:57 pm

itsme wrote:StayinUK,

Go ahead and apply for Tier -1. Recently one of my friend applied for Tier 1 and his situation is exactly same as yours. Per Diem / Allowances in UK & Salary in India. His application is a success and it took 3 weeks for decision making. Also he got 3 Year Visa stamped on his / dependants passport.

I am surprised. The rules suggest to the contrary.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 pm

yes its bit contrary to rules, but i am aware of various cases.. where decision is purely made by caseworker's mood/mentality..
but i have seen the application physically.
push_hsmp wrote:
itsme wrote:StayinUK,

I am surprised. The rules suggest to the contrary.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

push

Post by push » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:59 pm

I am not doubting your statement at all. its just that i found it contrary to the published guidance note that I got a bit surprised.

regards,

push_hsmp

"strange are the ways of case-worker"

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Maybe I am missing the point here, but where's the contradiction??

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:11 pm

sojan wrote:For us, the total perdiem is also shown in Indian salary statement. Its first added and then deducted, and hence its lot of confusion reading through payslip and bankstatements.
I'm planning of providing Indian salary slip, indian salary bank account, and UK allowance bank account to justify it.
Hopefully, i can convert my Indian salary part using upliftment ratio and show UK allowance part as normal UK salary.
If guidance is confusing you, use the assessment tool. For the question "where you are applying from" choose UK and proceed further. In the income section, put in your indian salary and the period you have earned it. You will note that the tool doesn't apply the uplift factor to your Indian salary.

regards