ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UCOS allocation processing time

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

qinglang52
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

UCOS allocation processing time

Post by qinglang52 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am

Hi all,

I'm changing employer, currently on a tier 2 General Visa and my new employer has already finished RLMT in Dec and applied for UCOS on 9th Jan, they paid the priority service on 30th Jan and it's been 10 working days, I still haven't received the UCOS number. HR and lawyer called home office but they couldn't say much just said the request is still in process. They told them that they are aiming to deal with the requests in 5 working days but sometimes this will delay.

I'm super worried now cuz it's been one month already and I'm wondering how long does it usually take to get a UCOS assigned to me?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

qinglang52
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: UCOS allocation processing time

Post by qinglang52 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:00 am

Anyone has been granted UCOS lately?? Please help!!!

Misericordia
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Misericordia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

I'm also having problems with obtaining UCOS...It's been 2 months already, believe it or not. My HR Officer says that there's a problem with Home Office, without further explanations (and I would really, really appreciate them to specify why is there exactly the hold-up)...Do you know if the allocation date applies to us or not (or is it only relevant for those awaiting their Restricted CoS)?

weworkuk
United States of America

Post by weworkuk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:03 pm

What score you got ?

Misericordia
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Misericordia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Honestly, I don't know. I only figured out that the salary brings me 14 points. The job is not on the SOL but I hold a PhD.

qinglang52
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by qinglang52 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:30 pm

2 months!! Wow that's a really long time. Did they pay for the priority service? My new employer paid for that and on government website it says will deal with it within 5 working days. It's been 10 working days already. Really annoyed!

Misericordia
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Misericordia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Yes, 2 months. Deeply frustrating. I don't know if they paid, they never mentioned it. So far I haven't asked, but if definitely will if the hold-up persists. I'm starting to worry that they might withdraw the job offer. The problem is, that there's been more that 6 months since the vacancy was advertised, and the CoS must be assigned within 6 months of placing the advert.

qinglang52
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by qinglang52 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

Wait! Are you waiting for a restricted CoS or an unrestricted CoS??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Misericordia wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm
Yes, 2 months. Deeply frustrating. I don't know if they paid, they never mentioned it. So far I haven't asked, but if definitely will if the hold-up persists. I'm starting to worry that they might withdraw the job offer. The problem is, that there's been more that 6 months since the vacancy was advertised, and the CoS must be assigned within 6 months of placing the advert.
You should be posting your questions in the EEA/EU Route Applications (click) as you are a Croatian national and your requirements for a Purple Registration Certificate are not quite the same as for other Tier 2 General applicants.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Misericordia
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Misericordia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Yes but nevertheless I require an UCOS? Therefore I can participate in this particular discussion?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:39 am

Misericordia wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 pm
Yes but nevertheless I require an UCOS? Therefore I can participate in this particular discussion?
As an EU citizen, your circumstances are different as you do not need a visa before you can enter and live in the UK. Pls post in the sub forum link I have provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

qinglang52
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by qinglang52 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:11 pm

So we received the answer from HO in Tuesday, it says "There is insufficient information in your justification for us to make an informed decision. Should you decide to make a new request for additional CoS, please ensure your justification confirms information on job roles, SOC codes, salary, attempts to recruit from the resident labour market and any migrant details to support your requirements for skilled migrants."

So the HR forgot to attached RMLT result in the application, and we are going to resubmit the request again. :cry: :cry: :cry:

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 15, 2018 10:20 am

Hi all, hope you are well.
Does this thread still active? I'm still waiting for my unrestricted CoS, since February. Do you still waiting for yours? Do you know if UCoS allocation time is the same as for RCoS? I have 45 points and still waiting. thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 am

danielpdo wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:20 am
Does this thread still active? I'm still waiting for my unrestricted CoS, since February. Do you still waiting for yours? Do you know if UCoS allocation time is the same as for RCoS? I have 45 points and still waiting. thanks!
Has your 'new sponsor' been granted a sponsor licence yet?? This has to be done before you can be assigned a UCoS, so they are two completely different processes.
danielpdo wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm
Hey guys!
I’m already working in UK and i got a job offer for another company? Does any of you know if I have to go through all this process? Because my employer has been unsucessfuly applying to get the sponsorship since February. I guess they know what they are doing, but for me, it doesnt make anysense, as I’m already an immigrant leaving in UK. Thanks!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 am
danielpdo wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:20 am
Has your 'new sponsor' been granted a sponsor licence yet?? This has to be done before you can be assigned a UCoS, so they are two completely different processes.
danielpdo wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 pm
Hey guys!
I’m already working in UK and i got a job offer for another company? Does any of you know if I have to go through all this process? Because my employer has been unsucessfuly applying to get the sponsorship since February. I guess they know what they are doing, but for me, it doesnt make anysense, as I’m already an immigrant leaving in UK. Thanks!
Hi! Yes, my new employer is a Tier 2 (A (Premium)) licensed sponsor. :) . How would it be in that case? many thanks

nathybes

Post by nathybes » Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 pm

Have you receveid your ucos number? I am waiting too

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 22, 2018 9:50 pm

nathybes wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:43 pm
Have you receveid your ucos number? I am waiting too
They said they cannot provide that information yet to me. Still waiting, but would like to know if the waiting time is the same as RCoS.

nathybes

Post by nathybes » Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm

But did you apply fornyour visa yet?

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Tue May 22, 2018 10:33 pm

nathybes wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:29 pm
But did you apply fornyour visa yet?
I'm not sure how the process goes, they told me that they need first to apply for something. Once, it is approved, I could send them my documents to get my visa. I'm a bit lost. When I apply for my first tier 2 visa, I remember that the process was very smooth, easy and fast.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Mine took like 1 day?

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 pm

UKLL wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:20 pm
Mine took like 1 day?
Seriously? was it recently? did it take into consideration your salary? points?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu May 24, 2018 11:16 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:46 pm
UKLL wrote:
Mine took like 1 day?
it's unrestricted so your salary does not matter?

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 pm

UKLL wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:16 pm
danielpdo wrote:
UKLL wrote:
Mine took like 1 day?
Glad to hear that. I'm just wondering why they are taking so long. Some other sources told me that probably they may be applying for the annual Certificate of Sponsorship allocation. Otherwise, I don't know what could be the reason. They just told me that due to delays in HO, they are waiting to backlog to get cleared.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 pm

danielpdo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 pm
UKLL wrote:
danielpdo wrote:
UKLL wrote:
Mine took like 1 day?
Glad to hear that. I'm just wondering why they are taking so long. Some other sources told me that probably they may be applying for the annual Certificate of Sponsorship allocation. Otherwise, I don't know what could be the reason. They just told me that due to delays in HO, they are waiting to backlog to get cleared.
That wouldn't affect unrestricted COS tho. Did your employer mistakenly apply for the restricted COS for you? My new employer assigned mine to me in the beginning of this month!

danielpdo
Mood:
Peru

Post by danielpdo » Thu May 24, 2018 11:41 pm

UKLL wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 pm
danielpdo wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 pm
UKLL wrote:
danielpdo wrote:

That wouldn't affect unrestricted COS tho. Did your employer mistakenly apply for the restricted COS for you? My new employer assigned mine to me in the beginning of this month!
That's what I thought! But they told me that they are aware about the Unrestricted CoS, but things are getting very slow due to this recent delays with the HO. I couldn't get more details from them, but they are a serious company and have done this for many years, so I guess there is something else that is hindering the visa request. It is worth to mention that they haven't asked me for my passport details and BRP yet, so there may be a step before getting the UCoS that I'm not aware. :(