ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

YMS and being married to a British citizen

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arsenalfan2014
Newly Registered
Canada

YMS and being married to a British citizen

Post by Arsenalfan2014 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:22 am

Hello everyone, I just wanted to hear others situations and outcome concerning trying to relocate to the UK on a YMS visa while your spouse is British living in the UK. Me and my wife got married in Canada (I am a Canadian) last year July. I was going to sponsor her but due unforseen financial issues didn't have the funds as well as her not liking the city we we're staying and unable to relocate due to aforementioned financial issues after the wedding.

We have been apart for 6 months are both working and I meet all the requirements for the YMS visa I.e. having sufficient funds in my account, no dependents etc. We are hesitant to go the spousal route due to on the website stating you have to have intent to relocate permanently, which we do not have. I still have school loans and own a car I purchased recently and will continue to pay off if I move to the uk. This is more see how living in the uk is like experience and we both haven't decided where we will settle permanently but want to live together and both be able to work. I am getting ready to apply for the YMS visa in the near future and wanted to know prior to paying all the fees if anyone else has ever been denied the visa due to not going the spousal route or if they ran into issues when entering the uk. Thanks in advance for any advice and for reading.