ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving offence 1 week before naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

D-Gaz
Newly Registered
Dominica

Driving offence 1 week before naturalisation application

Post by D-Gaz » Tue May 22, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for naturalisation next week. However, today I was pulled over by police for using phone while driving. I admitted to him that I had the phone in my hand. He said that I will get 6 points on my driving license and penalty of a 100 pounds. However, the process of issuing the penalties can take weeks before it actually appears on my driving record. My question is, do I need to disclose this on my application when I dont have any formal letter of the penalties and no reference number? Thank you

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Re: Driving offence 1 week before naturalisation application

Post by mhsadique » Wed May 23, 2018 3:42 am

To be honest If you try to hiding they can findout, can be band you for next 10 more years.
Better to disclose and explain on page 22. If your previous record is clean, they will consider your application.
I knew one of applicant get approval.
D-Gaz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:09 pm
Hi all,

I am applying for naturalisation next week. However, today I was pulled over by police for using phone while driving. I admitted to him that I had the phone in my hand. He said that I will get 6 points on my driving license and penalty of a 100 pounds. However, the process of issuing the penalties can take weeks before it actually appears on my driving record. My question is, do I need to disclose this on my application when I dont have any formal letter of the penalties and no reference number? Thank you

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Post by apsk » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 am

D-Gaz wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:09 pm
Hi all,

8/10 you will not get anything at all, if you hold a clean driving licence. Traffic officers say big things just to make you realise and make you not repeat the mistake again.

D-Gaz
Newly Registered
Dominica

Post by D-Gaz » Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Thank you guys for your responses.

I spoke today to two different solicitors and they both agree that I should mention what happened and mentioned that it is only a traffic stop and the final penalty is not specified yet and it might take long before I hear again from the police. They also added that mentioning it will give me more credibility as I am not trying to hide anything.

mhsadique
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by mhsadique » Wed May 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Yes that's i advice you
As solicitors mention.
D-Gaz wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm
Thank you guys for your responses.

I spoke today to two different solicitors and they both agree that I should mention what happened and mentioned that it is only a traffic stop and the final penalty is not specified yet and it might take long before I hear again from the police. They also added that mentioning it will give me more credibility as I am not trying to hide anything.