ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Galileo123
Newly Registered
Mexico

Good Character

Post by Galileo123 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi folks,I am ready to apply my Citizenship recently passed my language and Life in UK test as well as have my residence for the last 13 years.
My only worry is my Criminal Record.
They all are traffic related and following are the Convcitions starting from the year 2005 till 2014.
Taxi Touting(2005 June)
Taxi Touting(2005 December)
paid the fine of £250.
Taxi Touting(2007 September)
As well as Failure to surrender to the Court for the above charg 2007.
Got arrested in 2008 January and got fined £450 and disqualified for 6 months.
Taxi Touting (2008 December)
Only fine £80.
And the last offence was in 2014 again Taxi Touting only fined £80.
As so many same offences sounds little Wired but paid the price for being greedy picking people from the pavements in order to earn extra cash.so folks with the CRB of such offences do I stand any chance to grant a citizenship?
I would highly appreciate your genuine advise and inputs into this.

englishrose198
India

Re: Good Character

Post by englishrose198 » Fri May 25, 2018 12:50 pm

The outcome may not be positive as you failed to even produce yourself to court and still continued to get caught.

But I will wait for experts to comment.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Galileo123 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi folks,I am ready to apply my Citizenship recently passed my language and Life in UK test as well as have my residence for the last 13 years.
My only worry is my Criminal Record.
They all are traffic related and following are the Convcitions starting from the year 2005 till 2014.
Taxi Touting(2005 June)
Taxi Touting(2005 December)
paid the fine of £250.
Taxi Touting(2007 September)
As well as Failure to surrender to the Court for the above charg 2007.
Got arrested in 2008 January and got fined £450 and disqualified for 6 months.
Taxi Touting (2008 December)
Only fine £80.
And the last offence was in 2014 again Taxi Touting only fined £80.
As so many same offences sounds little Wired but paid the price for being greedy picking people from the pavements in order to earn extra cash.so folks with the CRB of such offences do I stand any chance to grant a citizenship?
I would highly appreciate your genuine advise and inputs into this.

One of the key things a case worker looks for in criminal records is repeated behavior of the same acts and how recent. This does not bode well for your application to be honest.

Galileo123
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Galileo123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:51 am

Much appreciated for the respected members for their valuable time and advise,I can understand the gravity of my CRB which will make a very negative impact on my Citizenship application,but I have witnessed some folks have repeated DDR Convictions as well as ABH charges in the past and even then have been granted a Citizenship,I have doubts and know it can go either way,I would never get to know that fate of my application untill I apply and make an application,I am not seeking any legal and lawyer to make my application I am all good to go now,have booked my NCS with Camedan Council and ready to go I will update once I receive any correspondence from the mighty Home offic..🐹 thanks once again..❣️

nidaulhaque
Member of Standing

Post by nidaulhaque » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 am

Well last offence was well over 3 years ago so good chance to get citizenship but on other side case worker also see that you had number of offences which may cause issues

Why don't you get your crb and check yourself if it's showing older offences as it well over may not show into crb

I think fast track service takes 2 days worth trying it

Keep us updated

Galileo123
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Galileo123 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Nida,
Unfortunately all the recordable offences stays in the CRB for life and currently I am working in the Security Firm so our CRB gets check every year and hoenstly it doesn't amuses me when I see all those convictions reflecting in my CRB,how naive and stupid one can be😪😪but life moves on I am going to apply like I said I will never get to the know the fate untill and unless I make my application.ill update the outcome to the forum once I make the application.
Regards.