ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA depedent stamp after refused family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Flpguilherme » Wed May 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Hi guys, hope you can help me with some questions that I have;

It’s the second time my husband got his family permit refused in Brazil.
The first one they refused saying that we didn’t send enough pictures or calls logs etc.
The second one they refused just because we didn’t send bank statements!! “Just” payslips and p60(for the previous 8 years) and with that they weren’t sure if i was working. We mentioned on the cover letter that I’m living here for more than 10 years, and had permanent resident.
I have checked and by the law as a permanent resident I didn’t need to proof that i’m working, but we did anyways and they refused because we sent “just” payslips(from march 2017 to April 2018) and p60. We can’t apply again as we already have tickets for him to come to the UK on 1st of June.

Question one: is there any email or number we could use to complain or ask to be revised?

Question two: As brazilian national he doesn’t need a visa to come to the UK(as turist for up to 6 months) can he ask for an EEA depedent stamp at airport without me there? He’s going bring with him our marriage certificate, proof of address, payslips, bank statements, my id, copy of passaport etc etc. Is there any chance he gets denied to get into the country?

Thank you!!

adegrowth
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by adegrowth » Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 pm

I will advice you to travel to UK since you don't require visa as a Brazilian citizen. Then, apply for eea residence permit for 5years and after this you can apply for permanent residence.
Thats the best i can suggest for you. No point wasting your time on eea family permit again cos most of the case worker don't really follow law.

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

EEA depedent stamp after refused family permit

Post by Flpguilherme » Wed May 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi guys, hope you can help me with some questions that I have;

It’s the second time my husband got his family permit refused in Brazil.
The first one they refused saying that we didn’t send enough pictures or calls logs etc.
The second one they refused just because we didn’t send bank statements!! “Just” payslips and p60(for the previous 8 years) and with that they weren’t sure if i was working. We mentioned on the cover letter that I’m living here for more than 10 years, and had permanent resident.
I have checked and by the law as a permanent resident I didn’t need to proof that i’m working, but we did anyways and they refused because we sent “just” payslips(from march 2017 to April 2018) and p60. We can’t apply again as we already have tickets for him to come to the UK on 1st of June.

Question one: is there any email or number we could use to complain or ask to be revised?

Question two: As brazilian national he doesn’t need a visa to come to the UK(as turist for up to 6 months) can he ask for an EEA depedent stamp at airport without me there? He’s going bring with him our marriage certificate, proof of address, payslips, bank statements, my id, copy of passaport etc etc. Is there any chance he gets denied to get into the country?

Thank you!!

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Flpguilherme » Wed May 23, 2018 7:17 pm

adegrowth wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 pm
I will advice you to travel to UK since you don't require visa as a Brazilian citizen. Then, apply for eea residence permit for 5years and after this you can apply for permanent residence.
Thats the best i can suggest for you. No point wasting your time on eea family permit again cos most of the case worker don't really follow law.
Thank you for reply! Can he get denied at airport with all documents in hand?

thsths

Re: EEA depedent stamp after refused family permit

Post by thsths » Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 pm

That is a tricky one. You might want to ask a lawyer, because it gets complicated.

Coming here on a visitor visa is a risk, because he would have to demonstrate that he intends to return. With a spouse in the UK, this may not be easy.

Asking for an EEA family permit at the border is possible in theory, but difficult without the spouse present. Since he was already refused, it would be easy to do the same again.

Once he is in the UK, he would be here under EU law. That is the one positive bit of the situation.

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Flpguilherme » Thu May 24, 2018 4:28 pm

Yes, i’ve been searching online, they say as long as you coming with or enjoying an eu national you would be fine, but they refused his family permit for something that was not required so I’m afraid they may turn him back for no reason as well.
He has a returning ticket to Brazil, as he pretends to visit his sister on her weeding day.
Can he get insurance number/driving license with eea depedent stamp?

Thank you

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 24, 2018 5:02 pm

What are your nationalities? You mentioned that you have acquired PR. Have you applied for and received a DCPR? If so, did you submit that in your application?

Have you looked into your husband flying into another EEA country (Portugal/Spain/France, for example), you joining him there and then entering the UK with your husband?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Flpguilherme » Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm

I have hungarian passport, I have not applied for it, but i sent all my p60s(8+ years) with my last 6 months payslips. They refused sayingthat they can’t confirm that i’m working because I didn’t send bank statements to see if matchs with my payslips(???).

His connection flight is in the USA, GRU-NYC-Edinburgh and it’s quite expensive to buy tickets to go and return in the same day or week.

Do you guys know any case similar with mine that they turned away the non-eu national? I checked some cases but most of them are people trying to get him under SS route.

I’ll be waiting for him at airport, I wrote a invitation letter with my phone number, he’s traveling with my ID, documents that we used to apply for EEA FP, pictures and bank statements, he also printed the directive 2004/38/ec and the border force operations guidance that metions EEA depedent ink stamp.

Would you think we could get refuse to get in to the country?

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Fri May 25, 2018 11:54 am

Flpguilherme wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:27 pm
I have hungarian passport, I have not applied for it, but i sent all my p60s(8+ years) with my last 6 months payslips. They refused sayingthat they can’t confirm that i’m working because I didn’t send bank statements to see if matchs with my payslips(???).

His connection flight is in the USA, GRU-NYC-Edinburgh and it’s quite expensive to buy tickets to go and return in the same day or week.

Do you guys know any case similar with mine that they turned away the non-eu national? I checked some cases but most of them are people trying to get him under SS route.

I’ll be waiting for him at airport, I wrote a invitation letter with my phone number, he’s traveling with my ID, documents that we used to apply for EEA FP, pictures and bank statements, he also printed the directive 2004/38/ec and the border force operations guidance that metions EEA depedent ink stamp.

Would you think we could get refuse to get in to the country?
Secret.Simon has given you the final hint. That's top notch. You need to do the right thing by either getting Document Certifying Permanent Residence (DCPR) or resuming work (3 months payslip).

Hope that helps

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Flpguilherme » Fri May 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Thanks for reply;

I was said we got refused twice, first because we didn’t send enough pictures (i sent more than 80) and the second they refused because i didn’t send bank statements, “JUST” sent payslips for the last 6 months and 8 years of p60s.
So I don’t think that reapplying again showing the same documents would help. They probably would come with a different excuse(probably illegal)to refuse. I’m pregnant and that’s why we didn’t appeal, would take at least 6 months to get something done.

Flpguilherme
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Flpguilherme » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:43 am

Anyone?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:55 am

You need to send bank statements if you are sending payslips. Not sure how this is being misunderstood.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fabio86
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by fabio86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:13 am

don t do that! when they interview you they will find out that he had 2 visas refused!! and they will deport him!!! talk to a lawyer

fabio86
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by fabio86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 am

hello. i read your story and i am in similar situation. did u manage to get your husband a visa?? did he get in to the uk??

alespedro
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by alespedro » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:39 pm

fabio86 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:19 am
hello. i read your story and i am in similar situation. did u manage to get your husband a visa?? did he get in to the uk??
Helo dear Flpguilherme, I am also curious about how you guys solved this issue. I am preparing myself to go through the same process, but I will try going straight to the Family Permit on Arrival.

Cheers!