ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nathybes

Tier 2 - Changing Employers

Post by nathybes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi guys,

I'm a little bit lost.

I'm in the UK through Tier 2 Visa General. It'll expire next year. Now, I'm probably changing my job and work for a new employer (they are A rating and give CoS). But, at the Home Office site I could read that I have to be OUTSIDE of the UK to apply a new Tier 2 Visa as below (I copied from their website).

My question is: I'm Mexican, so I have to go to Mexico and apply to it or I can do the application in other country (in Europe, for example)?

HOME OFFICE website
You may need to make a new Tier 2 (General) visa application if:
you want to change your job and your new job is with a different employer
Eligibility (to apply in the Uk)
You must already be in the UK under any of the following visas or schemes:

Tier 1 visa
Tier 2 (Sportsperson) visa
Tier 2 (Minister of religion) visa
Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor
Tier 4 visa - if you have an eligible qualification or you’ve done at least 12 months of a PhD
You can also switch to a Tier 2 (General) visa if you’re:

a dependent partner of someone with a Tier 4 visa
a representative of an overseas business

You must leave the UK and make your Tier 2 (General) application from abroad if you’re not in any of these categories.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 - Changing Employers

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:41 pm

You can apply from within the UK.

Without posting the link where you got the information you posted, no one can offer any comment on that.

If you apply from outside the UK, you will be subject to the 12 month cooling off period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nathybes

Post by nathybes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:48 pm

sorry I forgot:
Apply in the UK
Check if you can apply from inside the UK to:

extend your existing Tier 2 (General) visa
switch to this visa from another visa
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/apply

If you change your job
your job changes to a different standard occupation classification (SOC) code, and you’re not in a graduate training programme
you leave a job that’s on the shortage occupation list for a job that isn’t on the list
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa

Eligibility
Tier 1 visa
Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) visa under the Immigration Rules in place before 6 April 2010 and you’re applying to change sponsor
Tier 4 visa - if you have an eligible qualification or you’ve done at least 12 months of a PhD
You must leave the UK and make your Tier 2 (General) application from abroad if you’re not in any of these categories.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/switch-to-this-visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:55 pm

You are overthinking.

You have a tier 2 general, you can change employers and applying for the Tier 2 General with your new sponsor WITHIN the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nathybes

Tier 2 Change Employer

Post by nathybes » Tue May 22, 2018 9:30 pm

I am applying for Tier 2 change employment through an agency hired by the employer.

The agency has already filled the online form, I have reviewed and it was ok. However, they told me that we are waiting for The CoS has been Assigned to submit the application.

Do you know if it takes long?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Change Employer

Post by CR001 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:39 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ibushie
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Ibushie » Wed May 23, 2018 8:11 pm

nathybes wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:24 pm
Hi guys,

I'm a little bit lost.

I'm in the UK through Tier 2 Visa General. It'll expire next year. Now, I'm probably changing my job and work for a new employer (they are A rating and give CoS). But, at the Home Office site I could read that I have to be OUTSIDE of the UK to apply a new Tier 2 Visa as below (I copied from their website).

My question is: I'm Mexican, so I have to go to Mexico and apply to it or I can do the application in other country (in Europe, for example)?

HOME OFFICE website
Eligibility (to apply in the Uk)

Tier 1 visa

If I understand you correctly, you said you are in UK on a tier 2 Visa and changing your job to another job still under tier 2? from what you've posted and information on the home office website, you don't need to leave the UK to apply for a CoS, provided you already have a leave to enter under tier 2. But if your current leave was under tier 5, then you will have to leave and apply from outside the UK to be considered for a tier2. Hope it helps