ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - lots of docs from PR - limited company question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

L_aventurier
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - lots of docs from PR - limited company question

Post by L_aventurier » Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi All,

I'm applying for naturalisation, I already have the Permanent Residenece card via the EEA route.

Currently doing contracting via my personal limited company (including paying myself 10k via PAYE). Previously was cofounder of another company.

2 or 3 questions if anyone has any advice.

a) When I applied for PR, I sent them all details for my 12 years in the UK (some years with more solid evidence than others) and they didn't tell me for which 5 years they approved it, so technically, i have no specific 'qualifying period'. So now I'm sending everything again just in case. Does that sound sensible? Basically I'm saying in a letter, "PR was approved with those docs 2 years ago (included for reference), now i'm only adding the life-in-the-UK test and details about the 2 additional years".

b) On page 10, "Details of your employment" section 1.45 1.49. Should I say 'self employed'? 'Director'? Both? What do you think?

c) Regarding the tax reference in the same section. Should I write:
- my current company Employer PAYE reference
- my current company UTR (unique tax reference)
- my personal UTR (unique tax reference)
- anything else? all those hmrc codes all over the place, not too sure :)

Any advice welcome! Talking to a solicitor too but unknows remain at this stage.

Many Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Naturalisation - lots of docs from PR - limited company question

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:27 pm

L_aventurier wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm
Hi All,

I'm applying for naturalisation, I already have the Permanent Residenece card via the EEA route.

Currently doing contracting via my personal limited company (including paying myself 10k via PAYE). Previously was cofounder of another company.

a) When I applied for PR, I sent them all details for my 12 years in the UK (some years with more solid evidence than others) and they didn't tell me for which 5 years they approved it, so technically, i have no specific 'qualifying period'. So now I'm sending everything again just in case. Does that sound sensible? Basically I'm saying in a letter, "PR was approved with those docs 2 years ago (included for reference), now i'm only adding the life-in-the-UK test and details about the 2 additional years".

b) On page 10, "Details of your employment" section 1.45 1.49. Should I say 'self employed'? 'Director'? Both? What do you think?

Any advice welcome! Talking to a solicitor too but unknows remain at this stage.

Many Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:27 pm

L_aventurier wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm
Hi All,

Many Thanks

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 pm

1. Just send doc covering last 5 yrs. You got PR 2 yrs ago so the PR date is now irrelevant as you a free from immigration time restriction. If you are non EEA, submit passport covering last 5yrs.

B. Either will do

C. You can use any. They all serve the same purpose

L_aventurier
Newly Registered

Post by L_aventurier » Wed May 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Thank you!

Regarding passport coverage.

Unfortunately, My current passport was issued in 2014. I do not have the previous one any more. I lost it on its year of expiry (2014).

I still have a photo of that previous passport so I just printed a copy and all the numbers are clearly visible.

Also, the situation was the same in 2016 when i did the PR application and i had no complaint (and I'm EEA).

What do you think?

L_aventurier
Newly Registered

Post by L_aventurier » Wed May 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Also, the reason I'm tempted to send everything back again, just as reference is this (from the form appendix):
SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
• payslips
• P60’s
• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
employment including start and finish dates
relevant period => PR qualifying period + 1 year => ??? i can't know which years for sure

And the reasons why there are loads of documents is because some of those P60's have low amounts so they come with other proofs of business: quotes, contracts, bank statements, etc.

Anyway, it makes sense but still, I'm uneasy about re-sending my whole folder with 100s of documents (despite the fact it worked last time). But that's currently the solicitor advice...

Any advice appreciated!