ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jonny31t
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by Jonny31t » Sat May 12, 2018 1:14 pm

areczkowski24 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:20 pm
Twine wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:45 pm
Hi areczkowski24,

To your second question: Three (3) photos per applicant if you are doing a joint citizenship and passport application - british-citizenship/photographs-require ... 46875.html. Not sure if one or two for the app by itself.

Hi Twine,

Thanks for your reply

I had already my appointment for NDRS+JCAP
And lady said I need to attach 2 x photos for passport applicatio and 2 x for referees so together 4 passport photos.
Remember to keep one name on the photo with nothing written on the back.

Nalika
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Nalika » Sun May 13, 2018 4:39 am

Iam filling online form for naturalisation and got few questions .. if anyone had same experience please share..uam married and using my husband surname since I got married to him.
1-other name I have used
1-reason fir other name used
1-the date. I have change the name?
Any reply will be highly appreciated
Thank u

F BUTT
Newly Registered

Post by F BUTT » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

HI Hope my email finds you well, i have a query regarding application made on 4th of May for Naturalization. i have used new online application form as council advised to fill online application if you want to submit British passport application with the naturalization application. for that reason i have made online application. i have booked appointment for 11th of May with council for Nationality check service. i was sure that once i will complete application form i will take that with me to council for submission. as on 8th of may my 1 year will complete after ILR. that is the reason i have booked appointment for 11th of May. after making payment i print out the application form and made ready all documents for 11th of May for Nationality check service. i gave the application form to council but they advise i have already submit the application form to home office so i don't have to give them again.but today i just realise that application submit date is 4th of May which is 4 days before as my ILR To application 12 months will complete on 8th of May. i am very confuse now if i made any mistake according to my knowledge i was supposed to submit application in council on 11th of May so i am over the period of one complete year. i have done biometric on 8th of May 2018. i have tried my best to explain my situation, if i made any mistake to submit application form early online. when will home office will consider my application from 8th of May. or 11th of May when i went council for Nationality check service or from 4th of May. i will appreciate if some one can help me in the matter i am really worried, if i made any mistake then kindly advise me what should i do . can i withdraw application and submit again, i will really appreciate your help in this matter.
Kind Regards
Faisal

Jungerhase
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Jungerhase » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 pm

I used the online application with the NDRS+JCAP service at the local register office. It was super easy. Just have your paperwork well prepared when you go for the NDRS. I have my citizenship ceremony next week. My application took only 7 weeks from pressing the submit button to receiving the approval letter (which is ...by the way ... also the invitation to the ceremony).

Wishing you all the very best for your applications.

RenuTimilsina12

Post by RenuTimilsina12 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:40 pm

gmccarthy wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:57 am
Just checking if I've got the steps right for my application:

I want to apply for naturalization and passport at the same time so will be completing online application and using Nationality document return service at my local council.

1. Complete online application, pay, and print out documents
2. Referees need to sign printed out document.
3. Make appointment with Nationality document return service . Take all documents/passports etc etc with.
Is there any time frame that I need to consider between printing out the docs and booking? Might take me a week or two to get the referees to sign.
Hi gmcarthy,
I am also applying for citizenship through NDRS and I have seen that you are also doing same and I believe you booked appointment in Southwark too. Do you have any idea that they do weekend appointment?
Thanks in advance

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Tue May 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi everyone

I am applying for BC through the Online application,

on Nationality details section, I have entered that I do not have my national passport and it is with Home Office as I have sent it for the previous application, however, in Document section asked me to submit my passport in mandatory section.

has anyone faced this problem? has anyone know if I need to tick this box and not submit it?

Appreciate your replies
thanks

Aarsh
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Aarsh » Wed May 23, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi I have submitted naturalisation yesterday through online, following documents they ask me to send below documents to them. I’m confused about below documents, can you please explain.
Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxxxxxx (what does living in uk means)
Mr xxxxxxx proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions
Mr xxxxxxxx evidence of identity
Stuck in 3, rest passport, ilr ,life in the uk, I know.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:03 am

Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxxxxxx (what does living in uk means)
Assuming you are Non EU citizens, your passport(s) are sufficient.
Mr xxxxxxx proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions

ILR BRP Card
Mr xxxxxxxx evidence of identity
Passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:32 pm

hiya

Have you guys that applied through online BC, sent a covering letter as well?

thanks

Mhahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Mhahmed » Tue May 29, 2018 7:35 pm

Hello All
I have applied naturalisation with passport 22nd of March 2018 (online) and they taken my passport fee 18th April 2018,from then nothing
I am getting worried now ,I have seen the timeline almost every one applied in March they received their approval,
Any suggestions please!

Many thanks

Mohad
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Mohad » Tue May 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi

I want to apply naturalisation by one, can you please give some information about:

Referee details, what I need to fill up on the form during online process, referee name , passport number, address or I print the form and then fill up and sign. what I need to prepare about the referee information before filling up the application,

if I want to apply passport togather, is it need to mention during filling the online application of naturalisation.

thank you

LondonKiwi
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by LondonKiwi » Thu May 31, 2018 12:04 pm

I've just hit submit on my application and says I need to register my bio-metrics. I've already done this when getting my BRP, do I need to resubmit these?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:24 pm

LondonKiwi wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:04 pm
I've just hit submit on my application and says I need to register my bio-metrics. I've already done this when getting my BRP, do I need to resubmit these?
Yes, you have to enroll your biometrics again at the Post Office and you must take the letter you print/get with you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LondonKiwi
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by LondonKiwi » Thu May 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks, will get that sorted

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi all,

I have few more weeks to be eligible for BC (in 5 years +1 year ILR route). My preference is to apply for BC and passport (JCAP) at the same time

Just want to clarify the below in advance of that:

(1) Is my understanding correct that the date of application to BC is the date when we actually made our online payment, correct? (and not the date when we have our NDRS Appointment). If so I will 'submit' on the same day as my ILR. Is that ok?

(2) Is it mandatory to apply for NDRS at the council you are living in ? or can it be anywhere? My council (London borough of Havering) needs payment number before booking NDRS appt, as there is a 10-day requirement to submit the docs from online application submission, I was wondering if we can book appt at any other council in advance, as done by some of the other members?

(3) Do we need to fill in any separate form(s) for applying for passport? from post office? or will this be covered through the same online application?

(4) When do we actually become 'citizen' ? Is it when we complete the oath ceremony? or when we receive the 'approval' letter? This info will help me plan for my partner's and daughter's BC application.

(5) Can the same (online) form be used for registering a NON-UK born 3-year old too? or is there a different online form (similar to MN1)?

Many thanks for your time

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:22 pm

bbreddy wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:16 pm
Hi all,

I have few more weeks to be eligible for BC (in 5 years +1 year ILR route). My preference is to apply for BC and passport (JCAP) at the same time

Just want to clarify the below in advance of that:

(1) Is my understanding correct that the date of application to BC is the date when we actually made our online payment, correct? (and not the date when we have our NDRS Appointment). If so I will 'submit' on the same day as my ILR. Is that ok? Correct, date of application and payment online is the date of application so yes, you must have held ILR for 12 months exactly or longer.

(2) Is it mandatory to apply for NDRS at the council you are living in ? or can it be anywhere? My council (London borough of Havering) needs payment number before booking NDRS appt, as there is a 10-day requirement to submit the docs from online application submission, I was wondering if we can book appt at any other council in advance, as done by some of the other members? Note sure about NDRS, but NCS could be at any office.

(3) Do we need to fill in any separate form(s) for applying for passport? from post office? or will this be covered through the same online application? You need to complete the separate passport form from the Post Office. Form AN is ONLY for naturalistion.

(4) When do we actually become 'citizen' ? Is it when we complete the oath ceremony? or when we receive the 'approval' letter? This info will help me plan for my partner's and daughter's BC application. You are only British once you have attended your ceremony and received your certificate.

(5) Can the same (online) form be used for registering a NON-UK born 3-year old too? or is there a different online form (similar to MN1)? Yes

Many thanks for your time
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Thank you, CR001. You are super-quick, as always!

On:

(2) I will wait for others views on NDRS

(5) I assume you are saying 'Yes' to the first-part of my question - that we can use the same form for registering a non-UK born child?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:27 pm

bbreddy wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:26 pm

On:

(5) I assume you are saying 'Yes' to the first-part of my question - that we can use the same form for registering a non-UK born child?
You can apply online for children too, I believe other members have done this already.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alexmdev
Newly Registered

Post by alexmdev » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:40 pm

bbreddy wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:26 pm

On:

NDRS can be done at any council, exactly as NCS.

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:43 pm

Thank you alexmdev.

Just for my piece of mind, have you personally done that or any other member who have done that? or can you point me to some link that suggests so.

Also if it is ok to do so, is it a must to do the citizenship ceremony too at the same council?

Cheers

alexmdev
Newly Registered

Post by alexmdev » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:07 pm

bbreddy wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:43 pm
Thank you alexmdev.

Just for my piece of mind, have you personally done that or any other member who have done that? or can you point me to some link that suggests so.

Also if it is ok to do so, is it a must to do the citizenship ceremony too at the same council?

Cheers
Yep, I've personally attended NDRS+JCAP at a different council.
You will be able to specify if you wish to attend the citizenship ceremony at a different council during the online application :)

bbreddy

Post by bbreddy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Super, thank you very much

Query1982
Newly Registered
India

Post by Query1982 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 pm

I had applied online and then applied for NDRS and JCAP at a different council from where I live. I requested for the naturalisation ceremony at a different council from where I live.

The reason being I had sued my council for sexual harassment :( and discrimination,for when I was working there as an agency worker, and had got an out of court settlment which cited changes to their review process for discrimination etc and payment. So, my council had lost my vote of confidence.

But I didn’t give the reason for requesting a different council for my naturalisation, should I have done so on my online application? :?: Or should I send an email stating the same to HO? :?: I had signed a non-disclosure with my council, so would it be ok to send a reason for my different council request? This forum is anonymous, so hence my question here. I do not want my application to be looked at with suspicion because I asked the same.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Query1982 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 pm
I had applied online and then applied for NDRS and JCAP at a different council from where I live. I requested for the naturalisation ceremony at a different council from where I live.

The reason being I had sued my council for sexual harassment :( and discrimination,for when I was working there as an agency worker, and had got an out of court settlment which cited changes to their review process for discrimination etc and payment. So, my council had lost my vote of confidence.

But I didn’t give the reason for requesting a different council for my naturalisation, should I have done so on my online application? :?: Or should I send an email stating the same to HO? :?: I had signed a non-disclosure with my council, so would it be ok to send a reason for my different council request? This forum is anonymous, so hence my question here. I do not want my application to be looked at with suspicion because I asked the same.
No reason is needed. It is irrelevant to your application. However, HO sometimes gets requests wrong for another venue for the ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Query1982
Newly Registered
India

Post by Query1982 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 pm
Query1982 wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:46 pm

No reason is needed. It is irrelevant to your application. However, HO sometimes gets requests wrong for another venue for the ceremony.
Thank you so much for your quick reply, I was worried sick as to whether I should have wrote the reason. I will post my update here when I get an update.