ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Italy with non eu spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GI475NA
Newly Registered
Italy

Moving to Italy with non eu spouse

Post by GI475NA » Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 am

Hi there

My husband is non eu and I am an Italian citizen. I was not born in Italy and have been living with my non eu husband in the UK for the last year. We would like to move to italy and I would like to find out what l need to do in order for him to live and work there with me. Also, his non eu 19 year old son lives with us in the UK on an eea family permit. Can he join us there? Advice is much appreciated. Thank you :)

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Moving to Italy with non eu spouse

Post by Caravel88 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:34 am

Hello.

Does it say on their UK permits something similar to:
Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen / EEA National

If yes -> you can just travel to Italy without a visa.

If not -> they will have to apply for a Schengen visa issued for EU family members.
It is free and should be handled quickly. Details here:
http://www.vfsglobal.com/Italy/UK/Londo ... amily.html

To start living in Italy once you, your husband and his child arrive in Italy:

Because you have lived in another EU member state, you get to benefit from the EU laws (unlike an other Italian who never lived outside of Italy).

You just need to register your presence within 90 days.
After that your family members should apply and be given 5 year residence permits.

Details here:
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/r ... dex_it.htm
GI475NA wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:40 am
Hi there

My husband is non eu and I am an Italian citizen. I was not born in Italy and have been living with my non eu husband in the UK for the last year. We would like to move to italy and I would like to find out what l need to do in order for him to live and work there with me. Also, his non eu 19 year old son lives with us in the UK on an eea family permit. Can he join us there? Advice is much appreciated. Thank you :)