ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

90 days absence in the final year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

actarus
Newly Registered
Italy

90 days absence in the final year

Post by actarus » Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 am

Dear All,

I am an EEA National, and have a PR card stating I have been granted PR status since March 2017.

I have just applied for British citizenship, but I had to ask to exercise discretion about the 90 days requirement, relative to the last year, for compassionate reasons (my father was very sick and I had to take care of him and my mother, while still having business ties with the UK and keeping domicile and residence for tax purposes).

- I have been outside the country for 108 days, in the last year. Would you recommend adding extra documentation to show the validity of my claims?

I have been in the UK for more than 6 years and have been continously employed, but do not own any property, do not have any family members either.

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: 90 days absence in the final year

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 25, 2018 4:47 am

As the question is about an application for British naturalisation and has nothing to do with EU law, moved to the British citizenship forum.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

actarus
Newly Registered
Italy

Proof of residence

Post by actarus » Fri May 25, 2018 4:50 am

Hello all,

I am an EEA, with Permanent Residence card. According to the HO document, I have acquired permanent residence status on the 28th of Feb 2017 and my card has been issued on the 28th of March of this year.

I have just applied for citizenship and have not presented any further evidence of my residence status. At the appointment for returning the document, that part of the application has been flagged.

I think the evidence of permanent residence has been provided through the PR card, which has been just issued; would you advise to contact HO and present further evidence? Logically the only part which is missing is from the 29th of March until the time of the application; all I can provide is a payslip for such short period.

Any advice highly appreciated. Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: Proof of residence

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 25, 2018 4:53 am

The requirements for EU PR and British naturalisation are different.

You will need to provide proof of your physical presence in the UK for five years and also proof that you were physically in the UK at the start of the five years.

Please keep your questions in one thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

actarus
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by actarus » Fri May 25, 2018 4:53 am

Hi secret.simon,

sorry for the misunderstanding. I have another post, in the same situation, then. I thought it was EEA applying for British citizenship. I think I have wrongly assumed the forum was specifically for the UK immigration.
THanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri May 25, 2018 4:55 am

There is no difference in the requirements for British naturalisation between EEA and non-EEA citizens. The proofs adduced may be different (EEA citizens do not get their passports stamped, so proving physical presence in the UK is more involved for EEA citizens), but the requirements and law are the same and therefore the forum is the same for both.

actarus
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by actarus » Fri May 25, 2018 5:00 am

Makes sense. Thanks

actarus
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by actarus » Fri May 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Any suggestion?

Thanks

ash1111
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by ash1111 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 am

Congratualtions, cqn i ask what docunenys has been asked by HO and how quickly you got reply?
I applied in May as well like yours they asked me home and finanace evidence in mid july, i am nearly three weeks over abscence.
Thanks

quote=actarus post_id=1639345 time=1527282814 user_id=192446]
Any suggestion?

Thanks
[/quote]