ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant ILR - SET O queries and documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Subh35

Tier 1 dependant ILR - SET O queries and documents

Post by Subh35 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 am

Hi All,

Need some help with the SET O form and documents.

I am sure these questions have been answered in the forums but couldn't find the relevant threads. So i will be great if someone could guide me.

My wife is applying for ILR on her own in June. She is currently on Tier 1 Dependant visa. I received my ILR in 2016.

1) She has a full time job and will provide the details in section 5.3 but does she need to complete section 5.7, 5.8, 5.9 and 5.10?

2) She will complete section 6.1 and 6.2 but what should she mention in section 6.3. I believe it was mentioned in one the posts that dependant dont need to provide letter for their absences.

3) If she fills 6.1 and 6.2, does she need to fill section 6.12, 6.13 and 6.14 as well?

4) Do i need to mention my income anywhere? Not sure if it should be mentioned in section 5.7?

5) We are planning to provide 3 months payslips and bank statements. Do i need to provide my self assessment as well as i am working as a director of my limited company? Only have it for last year 16-17, yet to file it for FY 17-18.

6) She came as my dependant in 2013, hence eligible based on 5 years of cohabitation. Do i need to provide evidence for full 5 years or last 2 years?

7) We changed home twice in last 2 years after her extension. Moved last year July but only updated it last week using the online link (unfortunately it slipped our mind). Could this be a problem? Used the online link last time as well. Do i need to send the Change of Circumstances form as well?

Many thanks for your help.

Subh35

Re: Tier 1 dependant ILR - SET O queries and documents

Post by Subh35 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:48 am

one more query - My wife got her extension after i got my ILR. My understanding is that she is still a PBS dependant and there is no financial requirements. One .gov websites stated that if her visa is based on someone who is settled in UK then the financial requirements apply. Can the moderators advise. Many thanks for your help..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:34 pm

If her current visa clearly state 'PBS Dependent' then there is no income requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Many Thanks CR001. Yes, BRP say PBS dependant.

Could you please advise on the other queries as well. It would put my mind to rest.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi All, I will be highly obliged if someone could guide me with my original question. Many thanks..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:35 pm

1) She has a full time job and will provide the details in section 5.3 but does she need to complete section 5.7, 5.8, 5.9 and 5.10?
5.6 to 5.10 is NOT relevant to PBS Dependents. Leave blank.
2) She will complete section 6.1 and 6.2 but what should she mention in section 6.3. I believe it was mentioned in one the posts that dependant dont need to provide letter for their absences.
No she does not need an absence letter. Ignore 6.3 as NOT relevant to PBS Dependents.
3) If she fills 6.1 and 6.2, does she need to fill section 6.12, 6.13 and 6.14 as well?

Yes, she must complete it if it is relevant.
4) Do i need to mention my income anywhere? Not sure if it should be mentioned in section 5.7?
No.
5) We are planning to provide 3 months payslips and bank statements. Do i need to provide my self assessment as well as i am working as a director of my limited company? Only have it for last year 16-17, yet to file it for FY 17-18.

Hers is fine.
6) She came as my dependant in 2013, hence eligible based on 5 years of cohabitation. Do i need to provide evidence for full 5 years or last 2 years?

Her passport is evidence of residence as the stamps tell the story.
7) We changed home twice in last 2 years after her extension. Moved last year July but only updated it last week using the online link (unfortunately it slipped our mind). Could this be a problem? Used the online link last time as well. Do i need to send the Change of Circumstances form as well?

Not an issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Many Many thanks CR001. Just one final query - as you mentioned passport stamps tell the story... Unfortunately while reviewing her absences, we noticed that one India arrival immigration stamp is missing. I think the india immigration officer forgot to stamp it. I was travelling with her, i have a stamp for that date. All UK entry stamps are there. UK immigration doesn't put exit stamps. So difficult to establish the duration for this period.

I feel the saving grace is that the stamp missing is for 12 Mar 2014. She has an UK entry stamp for 01st Jan 2014 and another UK entry stamp for 4th Apr 2014. Even if they consider the whole time its less than 180 days.. She was getting salary during this period, she has requested her employer for payslips. Also have a travel certificate from the airline (but its a soft copy)

Do you think it might be a problem?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:39 pm

There is no absence limit so don't stress too much about it.

She DOES NOT need evidence of payslips or letters or airline stuff regarding her absence. You are overthinking. Simply complete the form as required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:23 pm

Thank you. :-).

aron1234

Post by aron1234 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 am

Hello subh35 would you please confirm which form your wife used last time when you applied for ILR as I am applying for ILR and my wife is been here only for 1 and half years and her visa expires same times as mine next month. Not sure which form is the right one in this case

Subh35

Post by Subh35 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Deepakjr123,

Dont remember exactly but there was a form for PBS dependants. I think this link will take you to the correct place - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner