ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help - letter from the Home Office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

al386
Newly Registered
Italy

Help - letter from the Home Office

Post by al386 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:00 am

Hello,

I have applied for the AN naturalisation through the online system on the 27th April, I have sent all the required documents straight after through the NDRS service. I have sent 4 photographs, 2 loose and 2 for the referees all with my name on the back.

Yesterday I have received a letter from the Home Office, below the extract of the letter:

"The application must be accompanied by photographs as specified when you submitted in the application online via Access UK.

You must provide 2 identical photograph of yourself taken within the last month, with your full names written on the reverse,

These photographs should be affixed to the completed referees section, if you have already submitted this section, it does not need to be resubmitted.

In addition to the missing mandatory required omission(s) noted above, when you submitted your application online via the Access UK website we requested that you submit certain documents to allow the caseworker to consider your application.

-SAME LIST OF DOCUMENTS YOU CAN FIND AFTER THE APPLICATION-

Please ensure that when you respond to this request for information that you enclose the additional documents that were requested as oer the Access UK website to ensure that your application if validated, can be considered without delay.

Please ensure you return the required documents using the envelope provided by 01/06/2018. Failing to do will result in your application becoming invalid and unable to be processed any further."

Should I send all the original documents? Or only the 2 photographs?
I will need the passport in 2 weeks time, would it be good to send all the documents and writing a letter saying that I needed to keep the passport for planned trips?

It is not very clear, and the customer service did not know what to do...
Did anyone had this kind of letter before?

Thanks!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Help - letter from the Home Office

Post by cyclina1 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm

They only asked for the photographs.......
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

al386
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by al386 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:12 pm

That is what I thought, the confusing part is this one - when they list all the documents I have already sent:

"In addition to the missing mandatory required omission(s) noted above, when you submitted your application online via the Access UK website we requested that you submit certain documents to allow the caseworker to consider your application.

Please ensure that when you respond to this request for information that you enclose the additional documents that were requested as per the Access UK website to ensure that your application if validated, can be considered without delay
."

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:19 pm

So list here what documents you submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

al386
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by al386 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:34 pm

It is the same list that will be given to you at the end of the online application.

'SAME LIST OF DOCUMENTS YOU CAN FIND AFTER THE APPLICATION' means that on the letter received by the HO is written exactly what was in the checklist - see below.

Mandatory documents
- Passport issued by my country

Other documents
- Life in the UK test pass notification
-Proof of living in the UK
-Two Referee declarations
-Evidence of Identity
-Proof of Nationality

The documents I have already sent through the NDRS service are:
-Refees declarations with my photographs attached on the declarations
-Original Life in the UK test pass
-English B1 test pass
-Passport copies
-Permanent residency card copies
-Driving license
-P60s for all the period I lived in UK
-Letter from my employee
-Utility bills

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:21 pm

al386 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:00 am
Hello,

I have applied for the AN naturalisation through the online system on the 27th April, I have sent all the required documents straight after through the NDRS service. I have sent 4 photographs, 2 loose and 2 for the referees all with my name on the back.

Yesterday I have received a letter from the Home Office, below the extract of the letter:

"The application must be accompanied by photographs as specified when you submitted in the application online via Access UK.

You must provide 2 identical photograph of yourself taken within the last month, with your full names written on the reverse,

These photographs should be affixed to the completed referees section, if you have already submitted this section, it does not need to be resubmitted.

In addition to the missing mandatory required omission(s) noted above, when you submitted your application online via the Access UK website we requested that you submit certain documents to allow the caseworker to consider your application.

Please ensure that when you respond to this request for information that you enclose the additional documents that were requested as oer the Access UK website to ensure that your application if validated, can be considered without delay.

Please ensure you return the required documents using the envelope provided by 01/06/2018. Failing to do will result in your application becoming invalid and unable to be processed any further."

Should I send all the original documents? Or only the 2 photographs?
I will need the passport in 2 weeks time, would it be good to send all the documents and writing a letter saying that I needed to keep the passport for planned trips?

It is not very clear, and the customer service did not know what to do...
Did anyone had this kind of letter before?

Thanks!
You are in the most ridiculous situation imaginable. They require for naturalization 1 photograph with ur name and dob on the reverse. For the passport you need 2 photograph one signed by referee. You have sent 4 photos. How did you ever pass the English Language Test?