ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British certificates Misplead in post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

British certificates Misplead in post

Post by Babyalli1 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi,

Pls who else has experienced this before, I sent application for 3 children via NCs wandsworth for naturalisation on the 28/03/2018.
After few days money was taken out by the HO, and acknowledgement sent via email for just 1child. On the 8th April, I received a letter for them to get their biometric done, which we did immediately. (1evelope contained letter for 2 kids, while the other for the other child)
On the 9th May 2018, I received certificate for just one child.
I’m really confused to why this has happened, because all application was made and paid for at the same time. I have tried calling for explanation, but all they kept saying was wait 6month for the case worker to decide. My feeling is that it was sent, and now lost by the postoffice.
It’s funny how we pay ridiculous amount of money for all these immigration palava, only for our documents to be sent by standard 2nd class post. This is really terrible, I just need a way forward as I have also emailed 3 email addresses, all not reproductive and have sent a letter to Liverpool for explanation...
I’m at my wits end pls

englishrose198
India

Re: British certificates Misplead in post

Post by englishrose198 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Every application will be dealt separately on its own is what I understand. So there is no guarantee all will be processed by the same case worker or in the same batch. Why are you panicked, sorry if am missing anything here?

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babyalli1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi, We moved home recently, and the fact they refuse to acknowledge change of address leave me in great terror, over £2979 is not kids play. I regret not applying for the passports same time, only if Someone had told me I could. I’m extremely frustrated right now, and we are traveling in July. I’

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babyalli1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm

It’s going 3months already

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 am

Babyalli1 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:01 pm
Hi, We moved home recently, and the fact they refuse to acknowledge change of address leave me in great terror, over £2979 is not kids play. I regret not applying for the passports same time, only if Someone had told me I could. I’m extremely frustrated right now, and we are traveling in July. I’
Hi

When did you move the home, i have noticed on this forum sometimes HO sent the documents on the old address, it happens with one of the member here. Its worth checking at your old address and also go and speak to your old royalmail delivery office and see if they are holding any of your posts.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babyalli1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:27 pm

We moved on the 6/5/18, I went back to my old address on the 23/5/18 as the flat is empty and my landlord lives outside London. That’s when we discovered the envelope only contained 1 certificate, since then we have tried contacting Ukba customer services etc to ask if address has been change or if the certificates haven’t just been issued, yet we having no luck with them. Not even a reply. It’s a shame we pay ridiculous amount of money and get such inhuman treatment.

Twine

Post by Twine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:32 am

Hi Babyalli1,

I know that it has already been over a month since you changed address but Royal Mail does offer a service where they forward letters addressed to your former residence to your new one: https://www.royalmail.com/personal/rece ... direction/

It does not cost that much (especially compared to the cost of multiple naturalisation applications) and minimises the risk of identity fraud. I do not work for Royal Mail or the Post Office but have used it in the past when moving and it worked for me.

Perhaps you might want to look into this. It would not help for mail already sent but would allow you to receive any future correspondence from the Home Office.

This is probably also useful information for anyone else who is yet to make an application to the Home Office and will be moving soon.

Cheers,
Twine

Babyalli1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Babyalli1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

Hi, thanks so much.. I did apply to have my mail redirected but after filling out the form, the website said they couldn’t match details and what not, which just made me abandoned the whole process. My landlord is kind enough to drive down from Brighton to help me check, it just that it’s inconvenient for him and I’m left worrying