ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Set (M) - 5 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aibos17
Newly Registered

ILR - Set (M) - 5 year route

Post by aibos17 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Hello all,

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before.

I have applied for my ILR via SET (M), as the spouse of an individual born in the UK via the 5 year route. We have one child together.

In August 2017 I began working as self employed. Therefore submitted self-assessment information via the accountant up to April 6th 2018.

My question is, I think I may have made an error on my application in that in the 'income' section under Category F I have written the Gross Income amount for the financial period rather than the Net Income on which tax will be payable, once expenses have been removed.

Is this a big issue? It is a genuine error and can be seen from the tax audit that has been submitted that the amount entered on the application is the gross income.

Many thanks for any help.

Casa

Re: ILR - Set (M) - 5 year route

Post by Casa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Does the net figure meet the minimum £18,600 p.a income level?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Yes it does.

The net figure is 18,840 over the period August to April 6th.

I just completely didn't realise and when reading the audit, simply added the gross income.

Many thanks for replying.

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Apologies for posting again, just wondered if anyone could shed any light on the predicament above at all?

In addition, I attended the premium service appt at Liverpool. I am registered as a self employed taxi driver however receive a licence from the local authority.

The case worker has requested additional documentation and given us 10 days to provide this.

The issue is, within this 10 days my visa expires and the local authority taxi licence is based on my residence permit.

I wanted to ask what the rules are with regards to working after your visa has expired IF you are pending a decision by the Home Office and are providing further documentation.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 pm

Your current legal status remains unchanged while your application is being assessed.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:14 pm

Thank you for confirming.

Much appreciated.

Will search for the relevant reference to provide to employer incase of any queries.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:17 pm

You are protected under Section 3C of the immigration rules if you submitted an application before your previous visa expired
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alphacentauria
Newly Registered
Oman

Post by alphacentauria » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi
If I may ask, what documentations did the case worker ask you to provide.
Thanks

omar1978

Post by omar1978 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:40 pm

hi
could you please provide the information's about the documents they asked for and list of documents you provided in order to prove yourincome from self employed taxi employment.

thanks

aibos17
Newly Registered

Hand deliver further documents to visa office

Post by aibos17 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello all,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did try to search the boards but couldn't find anything.

We have been given until Mon 23rd April to submit further documents for our ILR application. The documents relate to financial requirements and tax documents.

I am concerned that it won't arrive before Friday for me to post Special Delivery.

Are we allowed to hand deliver the documents even though we don't have an appointment? Could I simply deliver to the desk at the Liverpool Visa office and request a signature that they have received the documents as proof of delivery?

Many thanks.

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi,

The documents requested can be accessed here:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

As a taxi driver you will be registered as self employed.

Please read from page 58 onwards. Pay particular attention to the documents listed under number 7 from page 62-63.

Hope that helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all your questions on the same application in one topic (this one).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Hand deliver further documents to visa office

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:18 pm

aibos17 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 pm
Hello all,

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did try to search the boards but couldn't find anything.

We have been given until Mon 23rd April to submit further documents for our ILR application. The documents relate to financial requirements and tax documents.

I am concerned that it won't arrive before Friday for me to post Special Delivery.

Are we allowed to hand deliver the documents even though we don't have an appointment? Could I simply deliver to the desk at the Liverpool Visa office and request a signature that they have received the documents as proof of delivery?

Many thanks.
If you have been asked to post them to HO, you need to post them. Keep proof of posting as evidence when you send as special next day delivery. You cannot walk into the premium centres without an appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:17 pm
Topics Merged (click)

Kindly keep all your questions on the same application in one topic (this one).
Apologies. Many thanks.

Last question, with regards to this application in particular.

The employer has requested a Certificate of Application. The visa runs out on Thu 16th April. I contacted the Home Office number and they have said to write a letter to the Liverpool Office requesting a CoA as it was a premium appointment.

This can take them up to 21 days.

Is there an alternative way to prove employment status whilst awaiting an outcome from the HO.

I did provide the 'employer check' link to the Council as they provide the taxi licence but they have said they are not considered an 'employer' per se therefore cannot use this feature.

Thank you for any assistance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:30 pm

If they refuse to use the link provided as they are not your employer, then you will have to wait for a letter if you have requested one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Many thanks for confirming.

Seems like we are in limbo and at the mercy of the Home Office like thousands of others.

Just a potential scenario, and worse case.

So we applied via the premium service however further documentation was requested.

Does anyone know the procedure if an applicant fails to submit the requested documents by the deadline?

Is it a simple case of the application being rejected and then an appeal? Because it was a premium case, is the rejection sent asap or do we become like thousands others and wait 6+ months?

Just wondering what happens or even if the documents arrive a day or so late.

Thanks.

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 am

As the case worker has asked for clarification of the financial requirements and certain documents.

I wanted to ask would it be acceptable to complete the financial requirements of the SET M form again and send with the documents to clarify certain things.

Or will they only accept the application that has now been submitted.

I will not be completing the entire application again, just the financial requirements section.

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:19 am

You only need to send what has been asked for and obvs referenced appropriately to your application.

If you don't submit the documents by the deadline, you could face a refusal for failure to provide them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

aibos17
Newly Registered

Post by aibos17 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:59 am

Hello,

Does anybody have any experience of paying for a premium service appointment and attending and then being asked for further documents?

I wanted to ask how long it took them to reach a decision and write to you once they received all the required documents.

It is almost 2 weeks since the requested documents were delivered and we haven't heard anything. I was expecting as a premium fee was paid we would.

In addition, we haven't received the requested Certificate of Application which means currently out of work as well. This just isn't sustainable as have a family to look after.

I have now written to my MP as I am getting worried, more so about employment than the visa.

Any feedback on time scales would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:52 am

Lengthy topic of PSC deferred ILR applications and you could possibly wait a few weeks or a couple of months.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-peo-defe ... -1740.html

A premium service appointment does not guarantee you will get a decision on the day and if you were missing documents, you certainly wouldn't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 04, 2018 8:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:17 pm
You are protected under Section 3C of the immigration rules if you submitted an application before your previous visa expired
Not sure why you state you are not working when you are protected and your previous visa conditions and rights continue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jaspreet1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Jaspreet1 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:12 pm

:lol:
aibos17 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm
Hello all,

I apologise in advance if this has been asked before.

I have applied for my ILR via SET (M), as the spouse of an individual born in the UK via the 5 year route. We have one child together.

In August 2017 I began working as self employed. Therefore submitted self-assessment information via the accountant up to April 6th 2018.

My question is, I think I may have made an error on my application in that in the 'income' section under Category F I have written the Gross Income amount for the financial period rather than the Net Income on which tax will be payable, once expenses have been removed.

Is this a big issue? It is a genuine error and can be seen from the tax audit that has been submitted that the amount entered on the application is the gross income.

Did u get ilr ??
Im asking because i got exactly the same case as yours. I am driving taxi from april 2017 i got one financial year accounts .