ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa for student in the UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CloudyNow
Turkey

Schengen visa for student in the UK

Post by CloudyNow » Thu May 03, 2018 11:29 am

I am a student in the UK and I want to travel to Luxembourg in the summer to visit my boyfriend there. My parents send me an allowance every 3 months. I want to apply for a Schengen visa with my student certificate and my own bank statement. I am confident that I will have a sum of money enough to sustain myself during the trip, not to mention that I will be staying over at my boyfriend's place. However, I would rather make this application myself without asking for my parents' sponsorship to the visa application because it complicates things too much. Will I be granted a travel visa with my own bank statements if I am a student without my own source of income?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen visa for student in the UK

Post by Caravel88 » Thu May 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Depends on the sum of your resources, length of UK residence permit, country of origin.

If you are a long-term student with a definite address in the UK and a lengthy permission of stay then you wouldn't need to show much in the bank account because it would not be hard to convince the embassy that you will return back to the UK.
CloudyNow wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 11:29 am
I am a student in the UK and I want to travel to Luxembourg in the summer to visit my boyfriend there. My parents send me an allowance every 3 months. I want to apply for a Schengen visa with my student certificate and my own bank statement. I am confident that I will have a sum of money enough to sustain myself during the trip, not to mention that I will be staying over at my boyfriend's place. However, I would rather make this application myself without asking for my parents' sponsorship to the visa application because it complicates things too much. Will I be granted a travel visa with my own bank statements if I am a student without my own source of income?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Fri May 04, 2018 11:42 am

All you need to show is travel itinerary, maybe a letter from boyfriend that you will stay with him at his place, funding of 50e per day, a valid uk residence permit with validity covering the duration of the schengen visa (usually 6 month validity on your UK RP) along with student status letter from uni, maybe a transcript.

CloudyNow
Turkey

Post by CloudyNow » Fri May 25, 2018 5:34 pm

gokulatti wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:42 am
All you need to show is travel itinerary, maybe a letter from boyfriend that you will stay with him at his place, funding of 50e per day, a valid uk residence permit with validity covering the duration of the schengen visa (usually 6 month validity on your UK RP) along with student status letter from uni, maybe a transcript.
Things got slightly more complicated now. I was told by the Luxembourg embassy that their policy is to issue visas that merely cover the duration of my planned trip, and that my boyfriend cannot invite me there until he is physically there himself with an official registration. He is staying in an Airbnb until he finds permanent accommodation so I don't know when he will be able to invite me. I want to get this visa before the 5th of July the latest because it is our anniversary.

So now my plan is to fly to Frankfurt, Germany and make a refundable hotel reservation there via Booking.com (which I will cancel after my visa is issued). I will make my visa application to the German embassy, which is known to issue longer visas (they issued me a 3 month visa in the past). I was told that a cover letter explaining that I plan to travel frequently to the Schengen area would help me attain a longer duration visa, but how exactly should I go about it? Should I say my boyfriend has a job in Luxembourg and I plan to visit him frequently? Or is it better if the people I am visiting are in Germany?