ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Employee paid in Cash for Holidays

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shah515
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier2 Employee paid in Cash for Holidays

Post by Shah515 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 am

hi all,
I am on Tier2 general visa with 2nd employer.
I left my 1st employer and after my leaving date he run me in his company for my holiday pay I was eligible for. After paying tax and Ni, he paid me in cash.
Is this going to be an issue in my ILR application which I will apply after a year?
I read today that employer need to pay in employee’s account to show on migrant’s card.
If it will effect my application can I ask him now to give me Cheque after 2 years?
His licence has been revoked already for non compliance and employees not doing the work they supposed to do. But I left that company before his license was revoked.
He also had not declared my 1st month’s salary to HMRC when he was supposed to but declared after a year.
Kindly advise.
Thanks

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier2 Employee paid in Cash for Holidays

Post by apsk » Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 am

Shah515 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 am
hi all,
I am on Tier2 general visa with 2nd employer.
I left my 1st employer and after my leaving date he run me in his company for my holiday pay I was eligible for. After paying tax and Ni, he paid me in cash.
Is this going to be an issue in my ILR application which I will apply after a year?
I read today that employer need to pay in employee’s account to show on migrant’s card.
If it will effect my application can I ask him now to give me Cheque after 2 years?
His licence has been revoked already for non compliance and employees not doing the work they supposed to do. But I left that company before his license was revoked.
He also had not declared my 1st month’s salary to HMRC when he was supposed to but declared after a year.
Kindly advise.
Thanks
This sounds dodgy, and could cause an issue in your ILR application. You can always call HMRC and ask for last 5 years of your record and see if the tax is paid and you are clean.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 25, 2018 7:02 am

In future applications if you want to claim you got paid so and so amount you need to provide proof, if you don't intend to claim you earned this amount you need not worry.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

Shah515
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shah515 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Hi,

Tax is paid all way through. Its just the matter of remaining holidays were paid in Cash after my leaving date with previous employer.

Could anyone advise please

Thanks

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri May 25, 2018 6:06 pm

The only way it's legitimate is when it's substituted with a payment advice, mentioned on your salary slip, bonus payout advice etc etc. And if tax is already paid your employer shouldn't have any issue issuing one.

You are safe as long as you have an advice.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI