ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship on behalf of irish born child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

citizenship on behalf of irish born child

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 pm

hi guys my 5 years are about to finish in few days time. so what i need to do apply for citizenship on behalf of iriah born child.my stamp4 is due to expire in october. what documents do i need to apply and how do i go about it. do 8 need to hire a solicitor?? any suggestion helps please. thanks

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: citizenship on behalf of irish born child

Post by zepman » Mon May 28, 2018 3:23 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:36 pm
hi guys my 5 years are about to finish in few days time. so what i need to do apply for citizenship on behalf of iriah born child.
It's not very clear as to whose citizenship you are talking about. Will you be applying for your child's citizenship, or your own?

- If it is your child's, then there is no naturalisation application required as the child is entitled to Irish citizenship (born in Ireland + parent residing in Ireland for 3 out of the previous 4 years). You can apply for an Irish passport for the child straightaway. See http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... tml#lb999d.

- If it is your own, then your Irish-born child has no bearing on your application as you will be making a standard application based on having 5 years residence. See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Mon May 28, 2018 5:26 pm

hi zepman. its for me. my 5 years are about to finish but what i need to do after and my visa expiring in october 2018. do i renew as before bring my old letter and renew it with that??

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Tue May 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Based on your two posts, this is what I understand -

Situation:
S1) You will complete 5 years of residence in Ireland soon.
S2) Your immigration stamp (i.e., Stamp 4, not visa) will expire in October 2018.

Questions:
Q1) How do I apply for citizenship after you complete 5 years of residence?
Q2) How do I renew my Stamp 4 after it expires in October?

So, assuming I understand correctly, my answers to the above questions:
A1) To apply for citizenship, you can submit a standard application based on 5 years of residence as soon as you complete 5 years. See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022.

A2) To renew your Stamp 4, you need to bring whatever documents you brought with you when you first got the Stamp 4. It depends on what basis you first got the Stamp 4. See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... new-stamp4.
For example, my wife renewed her Stamp 4 recently which she had received on the basis of her marriage to me (an Irish citizen). So she brought the same documents that she got when she first received the stamp (her passport, my passport, our marriage certificate, address proof).

Once you renew the Stamp 4, you can send a copy of it (passport stamp + the IRP card) to INIS quoting your citizenship application reference number. That way, they will have your up-to-date information when they need it.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm

perfect your are very good for helping. so do i have to fill form 8? if im right??

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed May 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:42 pm
perfect your are very good for helping. so do i have to fill form 8? if im right??
That's right.

And there's really no need to hire a solicitor for making the application. The form is straightforward to fill out and the supporting documents are what most people will have readily available. Just start going through the requirements mentioned in the form and start putting together all the documents listed (especially, address proofs from your 5 years of residence). That way, you can avoid waiting any longer once you do complete your 5 years of residence and become eligible to apply.

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm

i have some traffic offences years ago. will that matter thorugh my application?

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Post by zepman » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:58 am

Zohaibmustafa wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:27 pm
i have some traffic offences years ago. will that matter thorugh my application?
There are questions in the application form that ask for this information (11.3 - 11.5).

Just be truthful and attach a letter explaining the offences, along with any document that has pertinent information about the offences (e.g., proofs of fines paid, etc)

Zohaibmustafa
Ireland

Post by Zohaibmustafa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:23 pm

the worst thing is that i dont have any record of it.i know i went to court got fined but still forgot to pay for fine. and cant remember what date was it or what year