ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent request: Arrested: no Caution, Not Charged, No penalty, No Conviction

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

absreading
Newly Registered
India

Urgent request: Arrested: no Caution, Not Charged, No penalty, No Conviction

Post by absreading » Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm

Dear Expert,

Please advise me urgently.

I was arrested for drunk and disorder case in May 2014. as per police record it is NFA (no further action) I an due to apply ILR on the basis of Tier-2 (General). Please help me about Section 7.12 or ILR SET(O) 5/2018 form.

7.12: Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever engaged in any other
activities which might indicate that you may not be considered to be persons of good character?

YES or NO.

Urgently please !!!

Many thanks

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Urgent request: Arrested: no Caution, Not Charged, No penalty, No Conviction

Post by apsk » Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 pm

absreading wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:43 pm
Dear Expert,

Please advise me urgently.

I was arrested for drunk and disorder case in May 2014. as per police record it is NFA (no further action) I an due to apply ILR on the basis of Tier-2 (General). Please help me about Section 7.12 or ILR SET(O) 5/2018 form.

7.12: Have you or any dependants who are applying with you ever engaged in any other
activities which might indicate that you may not be considered to be persons of good character?

YES or NO.

Urgently please !!!

Many thanks
I would suggest you to declare it on your ILR form and let HO decide. No way out as of my knowledge. Most likely, it will no do any damage in ILR application as it is NFA, though it will cause an issue while applying British citizenship in case you are planning so.

absreading
Newly Registered
India

Re: Urgent request: Arrested: no Caution, Not Charged, No penalty, No Conviction

Post by absreading » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:59 pm

Many thanks for your kind suggestion. So I should answer NO ?
Where I should declare it in the application form, please suggest?

Kind regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:15 pm

absreading wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:59 pm
Many thanks for your kind suggestion. So I should answer NO ? Yes
Where I should declare it in the application form, please suggest? additional information or cover letter

Kind regards
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

absreading
Newly Registered
India

Post by absreading » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Thanks again for the quick reply. Very helpful.

This arrest happened in May 2014 and I applied for Tier 2 extension in March 2015. There no such questions to say YES and I didn’t declare about this in a cover letter. Did I made mistake by not declaring this in 2015? Will this affect my ILR application, would HO allege me for dishonest?

Kind regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:42 pm

absreading wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:27 pm
Did I made mistake by not declaring this in 2015? Will this affect my ILR application, would HO allege me for dishonest?

Kind regards
Technically you don't need to declare anything here in this form either. It's not a conviction, reprimand or a caution but divulging on your own, I only meant "yes" you need to say "No" in my last post, however, arrest is something you should not leave behind without mentioning.
Alternatively you may not declare anything at all and if they ask you can explain further.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

absreading
Newly Registered
India

Post by absreading » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Dear Sir, many thanks again. Your suggestions are making me confident.

Sorry to repeat the question : do you think I didn’t make a mistake by not mentioning about arrest in 2015 Tier 2 extension (visa was issued without any question) ?

Kind regards

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Yes you didnt make a mistake and it would not be held against you. No need to call me sir .... Just an average person who has been on the same journey as yourself.

Worry less and apply with confidence and honesty, all would be well.