ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 G to ILR - Exceeding 30 days absences in a 12 month period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Tier 2 G to ILR - Exceeding 30 days absences in a 12 month period

Post by Djsuccess » Fri May 25, 2018 9:59 pm

Coache wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:50 pm
Hi bcilr18, any good news regarding your absence letter and ILR?
I got just similar issue with you guys,
My company follows the UK financial ear for their annual leave, in March 2017 I took 22days (15workinh days ) paid leave, Then in February2018 which is after 11 months and few days, I was given 42days (30 working days).

So if you notice the gap between my first leave and the second leave was 11 months which is less than 12 months period but these are Purley two separate leaves in two different financial years

So the letter my employer is to provide I wondering if they should explain more in details or if I am OK to just submit it without much explanation ?
I am not aware of any rule that says you cannot have more than 30 days holiday in a 12 month period. Your holiday allowance and financial year in a matter between you and your company. As long as your sponsor can confirm your absences and they are less than 180 days in any 12 months period, then you are fine
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.