ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (FM) Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

user_17
Newly Registered
France

EEA (FM) Residence Card

Post by user_17 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi,

Thank you for all the support and useful info provided in this website.

I am in the process of applying for an EEA (FM) Residence card for my wife who is living with me in the UK now.

I just have one question regarding the application form.

It is said in page 2:

"Complete all relevant sections of the form as directed. Use a black pen and write names, addresses and similar details in capital letters. In sections where you're asked to give your personal details and address, leave a space between each name and each part of the address."

My question is as follows:

In some sections that we have to fill in, there is some questions with a blank box (for example questions 5.2; 5.3; 5.4; 5.9; 5.10 etc.). My understanding is these box are left blank so we can write more details in. Do I then have to write in capital letters as well or can I write smaller and use all the space to provide more details ?

I am a bit confused and I certainly don't want the application not to be considered because I didn't use capital letters in the whole document.

Please, could someone help me ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_17

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA (FM) Residence Card

Post by CR001 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:51 pm

??

member/user_15/

See multiple usernames (click)
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

user_17
Newly Registered
France

Post by user_17 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:23 am

Hi,

I have emailed admin in order to retrieve my user_15 password but didn't get any reply to date so I have created a new account.

Could you please provide assistance regarding that matter and also reply to my above query ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_17

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Sat May 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi user 17,
My advice is to apply online EEA QP add your wife in the applcation. Pay 130 and avoid this hand fill up form. Its much easier and less documents needed to provide. Hope its helps.

user_17
Newly Registered
France

Post by user_17 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi progazna,

Thank you for your answer.

The EEA (QP) is an online application for a residence certificate and I can't include anyone with me. I think you meant for me to apply for a residence card online since I am European and include my wife with me. However in order to do that you need to have lived in the UK for 5 years and I didn't.

Unfortunately the only thing I can do is to go through the paper application for my wife.

Can anyone then answer my above query please ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_17

progazna
India

Post by progazna » Mon May 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Yes for eea QP definitely you can add your spouse.
For permanent residence card you have to wait 5 years. I think you are mixing up with each other.
I did it online in march 2018 and add my spouse
she already received her residence card and i am less than 5 years here. Hope its helps.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 am

user_17 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 2:23 am
Hi,

I have emailed admin in order to retrieve my user_15 password but didn't get any reply to date so I have created a new account.

Could you please provide assistance regarding that matter and also reply to my above query ?

Thanks,

Kind regards,

User_17
Moderators have no control over or access to the 'admin' email box. 'Admin' is not online very often either.

I have deactivated your old username.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

user_17
Newly Registered
France

Post by user_17 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Thanks progazna,

Waw she got it very quickly. I am happy for you.

Yes you are right I have re-read the EEA QP and you can add your spouse in your online application.
However I can't myself apply for a Residence Card since I have not been 5 years in the UK and I don't meet the criteria to apply before 5 years which are as follows:
  • stop working or being self-employed because of an accident or illness (known as ‘permanent incapacity’).
  • Reach State Pension age
  • Retire early-you must have worked continuously in the UK for 1 year beforehand
  • start work or self-employment in another EEA country or Switzerland - you must usually return to your UK home once a week, and have worked or been self-employed in the UK continuously for 3 years or more beforehand

These are the only ways that the gov website mentions in order to have permanent residency for EU citizens living in the UK.

Unless there is another route ???

CR001, Thanks for sorting out the issue.

Kind regards,

User_17