ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application and NRDS - UKVI requesting missing documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Online application and NRDS - UKVI requesting missing documents

Post by itsnotlupus » Sun May 20, 2018 9:35 am

Good morning,

First I want to thank everyone on this forum - it's a great knowledge base for anyone going through the immigration system.

I have a problem with my online naturalisation application.

Background:
  • Application submitted online: 22nd of April
  • NRDS appointment (with JCAP): 25th of April
Council official scanned all of my documents and they were sent same day to UKVI.
Documents included were:
  • Confirmation of the online application
  • Copy of My Passport
  • Copy of My ID card
  • 2 referees pages with photos glued
  • Copies of P60s/P45s/letters from employers
  • Copy of my DCPR issued in 2016
  • Life in the UK test confirmation (original)
  • Copy of English language test results from an approved body
Documents were delivered on the 26th of April according to the tracking number on my NRDS appointment confirmation.

On Saturday 19th of May I got a letter from UKVI stating that I'm missing documents with an envelope addressed to the UKVI Nationality department.

The letter itself is ambigious, see the scanned version with any personal details ommited.
I am traveling across the pond on the 2nd of June(reason why I used NRDS), which is not negotiable even if I will have to apply again, and I cannot send my passport over to UKVI.

Was anyone in the same situation? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to send the referees pages again, as it's stating that they are missing, or is UKVI requesting ALL of the documents?

I will be calling UKVI/council tomorrow morning and will update the topic for anyone having the same problem.

Thank you

kushalprasad
Newly Registered

Re: Online application and NRDS - UKVI requesting missing documents

Post by kushalprasad » Sun May 20, 2018 11:06 am

Looks like they are missing these documents and pages of the form. There is big mess in your application.
I would contact JCAP and ask them what you should do. May be JCAP can do it again for you for free as you have already paid for these services. Worst case you will have to send your original documents again.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:09 am

they should tell you what missing documents they required, right? Sound like it is not clear...?

By the way, you can contact UKVI if you can send you passport after your trip.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Festusgeorge
Newly Registered

Post by Festusgeorge » Fri May 25, 2018 8:00 pm

In my case they requested for 4 identical passport photograph. I sent it and got my approval after 2weeks.

al386
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by al386 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:46 pm

That is exactly what I have received yesterday.
I am thinking to send all the original documents, I will keep the original passport and attach a cover letter explaining why I did not send it.

Did you get more information regarding this?

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Sat May 26, 2018 9:52 am

Hello everyone,

I did get in touch with the helpline and I was told that if I submitted my documents already I should be okay and that this is a standard letter.

I was also told that I should send a cover letter explaining the situation, which I did in the envelope provided and I also included copy of my NDRS cover sheet and the other documents I received at my appointment.

Now all I can do is wait, I will update the topic once I get a reply :D .

al386
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by al386 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks for the update :)

Which helpline did you contact?
I tried yesterday to call the home office and the lady did not have a clue on what that letter was...

Bkholfy
Newly Registered

Post by Bkholfy » Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Cannot see your letter anymore, but I submitted my online application on 04/04 and posted ALL of my documents on 10/04 - HO signed for it on 11/04. However, last week I received a letter stating that if I don’t supply the documents by 25/05, my application will be deemed invalid.

Thought I was the only one, but I’m seeing a trend here!

I’ve sent them a letter explaining the above and included a copy of the receipt and proof of signature (which started with UK BA). It’s quite concerning, especially when original documents are more or less missing!

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Mon May 28, 2018 11:00 am

al386 wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:00 am
Thanks for the update :)

Which helpline did you contact?
I tried yesterday to call the home office and the lady did not have a clue on what that letter was...
Hello,

I contacted UKVI at their Citizenship and nationality enquiries hotline:
Telephone: 0300 123 2253
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
Friday, 9am to 4:30pm

I called twice to make sure that the advise I am being given is consistent, and it was.
Bkholfy wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 1:38 pm
Cannot see your letter anymore, but I submitted my online application on 04/04 and posted ALL of my documents on 10/04 - HO signed for it on 11/04. However, last week I received a letter stating that if I don’t supply the documents by 25/05, my application will be deemed invalid.

Thought I was the only one, but I’m seeing a trend here!

I’ve sent them a letter explaining the above and included a copy of the receipt and proof of signature (which started with UK BA). It’s quite concerning, especially when original documents are more or less missing!
I'm sorry to hear that, especially with the originals being posted :(.

The letter basically said that UKVI received my application and that I'm yet to provide them with referees pages and other required and optional documents and if I don't do it by the 30th of May my application will be invalid.

On the online naturalisation topic someone posted that they received the same letter, but then a couple of weeks after the original post Passport office took money from their bank account for the passport (they did a joint passport application).

I hope our documents are not lost, all we can do is wait at this moment :(. I will keep the topic updated for anyone else interested.

Basmati
Newly Registered
Cape Verde

Post by Basmati » Wed May 30, 2018 8:47 am

Was anyone in the same situation? I'm not sure if I'm supposed to send the referees pages again, as it's stating that they are missing, or is UKVI requesting ALL of the documents?

Hi there.

I had same. If it would reassure anyone with same experience, below is my application journey:

4th Apr 2018 - Online application submitted, payment confirmed.
5th Apr 2018 - email acknowledgement received with Case Ref, biometrics data enrolled.
9th Apr 2018 - Documents submitted through Council (NDRS)
10th Apr 2018 - Council emailed dispatch confirmation quoting Royal Mail tracking#
11th Apr 2018 - Royal Mail tracker confirmed delivery with UKBA signature.

8th May 2018
Received Home Office letter requesting missing documents (same as on the online checklist). Letter emphasized documents must be submitted by 5th May using the addressed envelope they enclosed or application will be invalid.

9th May 2018 -
    Wrote a letter to HO explaining the above events, enclosed PHOTOcopies of all supporting document and dispatched all through courier service.
      Wrote a letter to Council, enclosed copy of HO letter w/my response.
        Also emailed Council and got a response same day that the letter was an error due to HO system unable to marry up the certified true copies of supporting doc with my online application and but that they (Council) had telephoned HO and made them aware of my complaint.
          Checked account and noticed a debit of 85 quid by HMPO

10th May 2018 - Courier service waybill# confirmed delivery with UKBA signature.
          29th May 2018 - Approval/Ceremony Invitation letter received (dd 14th May)

Wishing everyone waiting all the best and also express my gratitude to other forum members, moderators and everyone whose' post has been useful and helpful during the journey.
          Cheers!

Basmati
          Newly Registered
          Cape Verde

Post by Basmati » Wed May 30, 2018 9:14 am

itsnotlupus wrote:
          Sun May 20, 2018 9:35 am
          Good morning,

First I want to thank everyone on this forum - it's a great knowledge base for anyone going through the immigration system.

I have a problem with my online naturalisation application.

Documents were delivered on the 26th of April according to the tracking number on my NRDS appointment confirmation.

On Saturday 19th of May I got a letter from UKVI stating that I'm missing documents with an envelope addressed to the UKVI Nationality department.

Hi there.

I had same. If it would reassure anyone with same experience, below is my application journey:

5th Apr 2018 - email acknowledgement received with Case Ref, biometrics data enrolled.
          10th Apr 2018 - Council emailed dispatch confirmation quoting Royal Mail tracking#

8th May 2018
          Received Home Office letter (dd 1st May) requesting missing documents (same as on the online checklist). Letter emphasized documents must be submitted by 15th May using the addressed envelope they enclosed or application will be invalid.

9th May 2018
          Wrote a letter to HO explaining the above events, enclosed PHOTOcopies of all supporting document and dispatched all through courier service.
          Also emailed Council and got a response same day that the letter was an error due to HO system unable to marry up the certified true copies of supporting doc with my online application and but that they (Council) had telephoned HO and made them aware of my complaint.

10th May 2018 - Courier service waybill# confirmed delivery with UKBA signature.

Wishing everyone waiting all the best and also express my gratitude to other forum members, moderators and everyone whose' post has been useful and helpful during the journey.
          Cheers!

itsnotlupus
          Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 am

Basmati wrote:
          Wed May 30, 2018 9:14 am

Hi there.

8th May 2018
          Received Home Office letter (dd 1st May) requesting missing documents (same as on the online checklist). Letter emphasized documents must be submitted by 15th May using the addressed envelope they enclosed or application will be invalid.

9th May 2018

Cheers!
          Thank you for reassuring words, I gave council a call and I was told I'm not the first person with that problem and that they will follow up with UKVI.

Bkholfy
          Newly Registered

Post by Bkholfy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:40 pm

That’s so reassuring!

My letter had exactly the same dates, so I’m assuming a few copies went out that day. Now, fingers crossed for the rest of us!

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 am

Dear Members and Mentors,
          I have received a similar letter from HO requesting same docs again. Not sure if they just need pics and the other bit printed on the letter is generic for all the communications. However, I have emailed my council about this. I got a reply from council saying I DO NOT NEED TO SEND any thing as HO confirmed it is error as my appli didn't get identified as online. A note has been added to my file in HO.
          Could you pls suggest what action do I need to take at this stage. It would be great if any advice form you guys...

Thank you in advance

TheRock9
          Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 am

gbpmatrix wrote:
          Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:11 am
          Dear Members and Mentors,
          I have received a similar letter from HO requesting same docs again. Not sure if they just need pics and the other bit printed on the letter is generic for all the communications. However, I have emailed my council about this. I got a reply from council saying I DO NOT NEED TO SEND any thing as HO confirmed it is error as my appli didn't get identified as online. A note has been added to my file in HO.
          Could you pls suggest what action do I need to take at this stage. It would be great if any advice form you guys...

Thank you in advance
          Hi,

I will advise get this in an email from council. Email them and they should reply this on an email so you have a proof that council advised not to send the documents.

Also try and call the Home office and see what they have to say about this.

Thanks
          I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 am

Hi @ TheRock9;
          Thank you for your prompt response. In regards to making ph call to HO, I tried couple of time. Every time I rang them got the same response saying they don't have access to my file and advised me to reply to the letter by post, as they don't have any clue about the letter and couldn't advise me. Which I appreciate for being honest.
          Then I have actually contacted council via email and got reply via email not to send anything to HO.

Do you thing it is ok now not to reply back to HO or as a courtesy in a professional manner write to HO explaining this and attach the print out of email from council.

Any advise or suggestions will be appreciated and will definitely help me.
          Thank you

Basmati
          Newly Registered
          Cape Verde

Post by Basmati » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:11 am

gbpmatrix wrote:
          Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:03 am
          Hi @ TheRock9;
          Thank you for your prompt response. In regards to making ph call to HO, I tried couple of time. Every time I rang them got the same response saying they don't have access to my file and advised me to reply to the letter by post, as they don't have any clue about the letter and couldn't advise me. Which I appreciate for being honest.
          Then I have actually contacted council via email and got reply via email not to send anything to HO.

Do you thing it is ok now not to reply back to HO or as a courtesy in a professional manner write to HO explaining this and attach the print out of email from council.

Any advise or suggestions will be appreciated and will definitely help me.
          Thank you
          Hi @gbpmatrix,

I am unable to tell if the photocopies of the supporting documents I sent to HO in response to their letter made any difference to processing my application.

For example, the £85= passport (I did NDRS + JCAP) fee came off my account same day I dispatched the documents through courier service and obviously the documents were still with the courier service at the time i.e had not reached HO yet.

I had already posted the documents to HO before I emailed council and got their (council's) response immediately. In hindsight, I would have still posted the documents to HO just for peace of mind but that is a personal decision. From my observation of how mine went, I doubt that my application was processed based on the documents I dispatched but if it will make you feel more at peace, then my suggestion would be to write HO and enclose any document you deem necessary to support your response. Other than the postal/printing/photocopying expense, you don't lose anything.

Fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

Cheers!

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 am

Dear @ Basmati,

Thank you replying me to me. Just to avoid more confusion/complication and to keep it more simple and straight forward, I am thinking to post to HO only a cover letter mentioning brief story about my timeline so far and attach the print out of email conversation from the council.
          The reason I do not want to send all the photocopies again is if different person is handling the case/processing the case, they may expect it attested by the council or in originals which may delay the processing time and increase the two way communication.
          The reason I do not want to send pics is: I have submitted pics at the time of application on the ref letters and SAME pics for passport appli. The new pics will not match to the old ones as I have to take it again.

What would you suggest?

Regards,

Basmati
          Newly Registered
          Cape Verde

Post by Basmati » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:28 pm

gbpmatrix wrote:
          Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:52 am
          Dear @ Basmati,

Thank you replying me to me. Just to avoid more confusion/complication and to keep it more simple and straight forward, I am thinking to post to HO only a cover letter mentioning brief story about my timeline so far and attach the print out of email conversation from the council.
          The reason I do not want to send all the photocopies again is if different person is handling the case/processing the case, they may expect it attested by the council or in originals which may delay the processing time and increase the two way communication.
          The reason I do not want to send pics is: I have submitted pics at the time of application on the ref letters and SAME pics for passport appli. The new pics will not match to the old ones as I have to take it again.

What would you suggest?

Regards,
          Hi @gbpmatrix,

If you want to respond to HO's letter, in my opinion, the items you highlighted (covering letter and email conversations with council) should be okay to prove your documents have been sent to HO.

Granted, I submitted more but that was a personal decision and if you observe my timeline of events from my first post above, it is 99.999% likely that HO processed my application based on the first set of documents submitted directly by Council. Every document I re-submitted was a photocopy including the passport photographs. That is because, I have a habit of keeping copies of my application documents so I printed a copy of both referee forms that I had earlier photocopied with my passport photo glued to it, even including the endorsement on the reverse side. I guess that sounds bizarre so really, I don't believe you need to have all that to re-send to HO.

The email I got from Council was received a couple of hours after I had dispatched the letter to HO frankly, their (Council's) response was enough assurance. As I mentioned, me re-sending all that documents to HO was just a personal decision and I guess I was just being paranoid.

I would just like to add that, if you have a printed copy of the postal delivery tracker (from Council) indicating receipt/signature by HO rep, you can also include it.

Best wishes!

gbpmatrix

Post by gbpmatrix » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Dear @ Basmeti,

Thank you once again of your reply. I will certainly include the delivery note. Just bit concerned, will that cause any confusion on their side or will it be like provoking their staff. Its just I want to be safe and softer.

Regards,

Basmati
          Newly Registered
          Cape Verde

Post by Basmati » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:48 am

gbpmatrix wrote:
          Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:00 pm
          Dear @ Basmeti,

Thank you once again of your reply. I will certainly include the delivery note. Just bit concerned, will that cause any confusion on their side or will it be like provoking their staff. Its just I want to be safe and softer.

Regards,
          Hi @gbpmatrix,

I included postal delivery confirmation in my response to HO but I have no idea if/how adding the delivery note could cause confusion for HO or provoke their staff. If you do not feel comfortable including it, it is up to you to decide. I only suggested it as I did the same but I guess every application is unique so really, your personal decision.

The reason I made my initial post was because I saw there were other applicants in similar situation and I thought it might reassure others that, the HO letter by itself does not mean the applicant has done anything wrong. There's no rule that other applicants should respond the same way I did.

Fingers crossed for a successful application for you and for others still waiting.

Cheers.

itsnotlupus
          Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi everyone,

Just an update, I got a reply from HO (via email) to say that my application is with a case worker and if they need more information they will contact me.

Also I noticed passport fees being debited which means my documents definitely found its way to the case worker (I did joint application).

I’ll update the thread once I have more information, but for now I’ll sit tight and wait :).

Good luck everyone!

Bkholfy
          Newly Registered

Post by Bkholfy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Just to add to my messages above...

Today, knowing full well that they can’t advise on individual applications, I called UKVI and expressed my concerns. The lady on the phone mentioned that due to a high level of applications a number of such letters were sent out by accident, so unless you receive a letter stating that your application was deemed invalid due to no documents being provided by the stated deadline, you can assume that the letter was sent in error.

Now...even though that’s not what I wanted to hear, it was comforting to know that I was not the only one calling up regarding this and that many letters requesting documents were sent in error.

Bkholfy
          Newly Registered

Post by Bkholfy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:30 pm

itsnotlupus wrote:
          Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm
          Hi everyone,

Just an update, I got a reply from HO (via email) to say that my application is with a case worker and if they need more information they will contact me.

Also I noticed passport fees being debited which means my documents definitely found its way to the case worker (I did joint application).

I’ll update the thread once I have more information, but for now I’ll sit tight and wait :).

Good luck everyone!
          Ahhh, finally some progress! Keep us updated - I’m getting very anxious about my own documents and it helps to see others facing the same issues get somewhere!

scb28
          Newly Registered
          India

Post by scb28 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am

Hi all,
          I've applied online on 17 May. So has my husband (separate applications, as when we tried a joint application the checklist was coming up all wrong, so assumed its safer to apply separately!)

I recd. this same letter on 11 June (dated 7th June) asking for two photos but then also the entire list. Husband has not recd. anything of the sort, so assuming they've got his folder but not mine. Which is worrying, because it was sent in the same outer envelope by NRDS, and was signed for by HO on 23 May! So they definitely have my docs somewhere, just not with the caseworker who sent this letter! (I'm hoping its a caseworker because emails are one thing, but letters surely can't be sent out by a system automatically? Then everyone who applied online should get one).

Called up Cambridge council, who said just send the pics, maybe they were damaged/not as specified format etc., and send a cover letter saying you've already sent everything else and it should be fine. Same advice from two people at HO helpline.

Sent a cover letter with NRDS receipt and Royal mail signature receipt, sent two pics anyway. This has been signed for yesterday 13 June, so fingers crossed I don't get any more confusing letters now!

The more I read this thread I'm convinced its a glitch in online applications not being matched to the physical document folders. But it is a worry as I've made plenty of applications to HO and never had any such issues, always posted originals by post etc... I'd think twice about submitting originals nowadays!

Good luck to everyone, will update if I hear anything more.