ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minimum Financial requirement, Help please!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

emily11
Newly Registered

Minimum Financial requirement, Help please!

Post by emily11 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi guys,
My husband is applying entry clearance settlement spouse visa, wanted to make sure if I qualify for minimum financial requirement under cat A.
My job in TESCO (4 weekly pay 7 payslips) 1460+1460+1460+900+750+700+700
My job in a local firm (4 weekly pay, 4 payslips, started recently) 0+0+0+600+750+800+800
Altogether coming up 370 per week and 19,277 per annum.
Would that qualify for cat A? I have all payslips, employer letters and bank statements.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Minimum Financial requirement, Help please!

Post by seagul » Sat May 26, 2018 6:25 pm

I don't think you will fall under category A if you are not earning the required wages through one major job. However, category B allows to combine more than 1 jobs for which you firstly need to have earned £18600 during the last 12 months/52 weeks and secondly must have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months/26 weeks.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:25 pm
I don't think you will fall under category A if you are not earning the required wages through one major job. However, category B allows to combine more than 1 jobs for which you firstly need to have earned £18600 during the last 12 months/52 weeks and secondly must have earned at least £9300 during the last 6 months/26 weeks.
cat a will apply if 1 or more jobs are more than 6 months, her second job is just 4 months, she needs to wait another 2 months and keep the first job.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun May 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Alam- wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm
seagul wrote:
cat a will apply if 1 or more jobs are more than 6 months, her second job is just 4 months, she needs to wait another 2 months and keep the first job.
I don't think two different jobs with two different employers even from 6 months can fall under category A. Yes, category A allow to combine the other partner's wages and also allow calculation under salaried & non-salaried person method. On the other hand the category B is specifically for those who either are with their employer from less than 6 months or their major job not giving enough wages or varying then you can combine all jobs.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:54 pm
Alam- wrote:
seagul wrote:
I don't think two different jobs with two different employers even from 6 months can fall under category A. Yes, category A allow to combine the other partner's wages and also allow calculation under salaried & non-salaried person method. On the other hand the category B is specifically for those who either are with their employer from less than 6 months or their major job not giving enough wages or varying then you can combine all jobs.
Yes, it sounds like that but I have seen many people on this forum applied with 2 jobs under cat a and got their visa or refused for different reason, not for this specific reason. Your arguement has a weight as the form has just 1 employment under cat a but people say you can mention that job in notes as long as all the conditions meet. It doesn't say you can have 2 or more jobs under cat a but it doesn't say you can't have more than 1 job either.

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Alam- wrote:
seagul wrote:
I applied using 2 jobs from 2 different employer by providing 6 months payslip from each employer followed by bank statements and employment letter and contract.

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Mon May 28, 2018 4:19 pm

Alam- wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm
seagul wrote:
Alam- wrote:
seagul wrote:
Yes, it sounds like that but I have seen many people on this forum applied with 2 jobs under cat a and got their visa or refused for different reason, not for this specific reason. Your arguement has a weight as the form has just 1 employment under cat a but people say you can mention that job in notes as long as all the conditions meet. It doesn't say you can have 2 or more jobs under cat a but it doesn't say you can't have more than 1 job either.
I mention second job in part 5 and also provide extra page 6 and complete second job on that page also.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon May 28, 2018 5:33 pm

I will still stand on my previous comments because guidance for category A no where allows the combination of jobs from different employers. Whereas category B openly allows that. If someone got success by combining two jobs under category A might not necessarily work out for other since the official guideline is not suggesting that for category B.