ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings in Multiple countries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Earnings in Multiple countries

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:49 pm

Case work guide on PE suggests Pro-rata: against the country where the applicant has spent the longest period, on a pro-rata basis.
What if exactly 6 months in each country?
Rule is: If the situation should arise where the applicant has worked for exactly six months in each country consecutively, to total twelve months, then the earnings should still be calculated on a pro rata basis for both amounts. The income that benefits the applicant most should be the figure that is considered.

I fall into 6 months each category.

Questions:
1. Are above rules still hold true? Any link to substantiate it?
2. How to select the Band? Coversion, pro-rata and uplift?

Thanks,
Rajesh.

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm

No, that guidance is out of date. Basically, they just add the earnings together (after uplifting where appropriate). Stick the figures into the calculator and it works it out for you.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA SEEDS
Last edited by WoodieG on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:33 pm

If you are applying for HSMP, follow the HSMP guidelines: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tinghsmp1/

If you are applying for Tier 1, follow the Tier 1 guidelines: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

How you calculate your income will depend on the criteria defined in the scheme you wish to apply under ! Read through the "appropriate" guidance notes carefully :wink:.

regards

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi all,
I have a complicated case with multiple earnings....

In the past 12 months, i have been in UK for 8 months(on and off) and 4 months in India.

Now during my stay of 4 months in India, i get my indian salary alone.

But during my stay in UK, i get full Indian salary + UK allowance also....

What should i do in this case....

Also, i used to travel back to India from UK on a mid of the months.... So some months i get prorated salary/allowance in UK and full salary in India....

Please some one help me in this case

Cheers
Arun

hsmpinuk70 wrote:If you are applying for HSMP, follow the HSMP guidelines: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tinghsmp1/

If you are applying for Tier 1, follow the Tier 1 guidelines: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /applying/

How you calculate your income will depend on the criteria defined in the scheme you wish to apply under ! Read through the "appropriate" guidance notes carefully :wink:.

regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:42 pm

My forumula of calculation is:

Sum of (Earning * Curreny coversion rate * Uplift factor) at all the locations.

Home Office wants earnings (Salary/Wages) and it proof. All the components paid should be part of your salary slip and data should match with Bank Statement and Tax Statement (if you sending this as well).

If someone has other understanding then please share.

Thanks.

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:14 pm

I second your understanding…

But the problem comes in selecting your earning country for uplift….

The rule says that “The country in which the applicant has been working, rather than their nationality, determines the income bands against which the earnings will be assessed.â€

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:20 am

8 vs 4, 8 is clearly strongest. Since you worked majority of times in UK, you should choose UK band for judging your Earnings points.

Had it been 6 Vs 6 then the band which benefits you should have been chosen.

Below is the Caseworkers guidelines on Past Earnings -
If the applicant has lived and worked in more than one country during the past fifteen months, the caseworker will normally assess the total income over the total period being claimed up to a maximum of twelve months, against the country where the applicant has spent the longest period, on a pro-rata basis.

Some might say its old and out dated but this rule will always be valid, as its simple and logical.

PS - No intention to debate my opinion.

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:45 am

Hi rajesh,
The "Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system Policy guidance" book says the below

73. The Assessing Officer will only consider actual earnings made.
Earnings claimed will not be considered on a pro rata basis
under any circumstances

So what to say about this...

Cheers
Arun

rajesh9pl wrote:8 vs 4, 8 is clearly strongest. Since you worked majority of times in UK, you should choose UK band for judging your Earnings points.

Had it been 6 Vs 6 then the band which benefits you should have been chosen.

Below is the Caseworkers guidelines on Past Earnings -
If the applicant has lived and worked in more than one country during the past fifteen months, the caseworker will normally assess the total income over the total period being claimed up to a maximum of twelve months, against the country where the applicant has spent the longest period, on a pro-rata basis.

Some might say its old and out dated but this rule will always be valid, as its simple and logical.

PS - No intention to debate my opinion.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Question was on choosing Band. Not on calculating Total earnings.

8 for UK band.

Total earnings formula = Sum of (Earning x Conversion Rate to GBP x applicable upflit ratio).

OK?

Cheers!