ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

XSparks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish citizenship query

Post by XSparks » Sat May 26, 2018 6:58 am

I got married with an Italian citizen wife in Dublin recently, and I am arab from the middle East. Am I eligible to apply for an Irish passport?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Irish citizenship query

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 26, 2018 7:38 am

XSparks wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 6:58 am
I got married with an Italian citizen wife in Dublin recently, and I am arab from the middle East. Am I eligible to apply for an Irish passport?
No, not yet. You have a long road ahead of you. You have to read the following:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ation.html

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP16000022

XSparks
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by XSparks » Sun May 27, 2018 9:19 am

Hi chaoclive, I appreciate your reply.
I meant after my marriage (with Italian) have been for 3years and meantime living in Ireland, am I eligible?
I went through the link you sent but they didn't mention the eligibility of Irish citizenship through European marriage.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun May 27, 2018 7:41 pm

XSparks wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:19 am
Hi chaoclive, I appreciate your reply.
I meant after my marriage (with Italian) have been for 3years and meantime living in Ireland, am I eligible?
I went through the link you sent but they didn't mention the eligibility of Irish citizenship through European marriage.
That's because you don't have any entitlement to apply Irish citizenship after 3 years just because you're married to an Italian. If you're not married to an Irish citizen you have no special privileges and can only naturalize after 5 years of legal residence. The links I sent are completely comprehensive and cover your situation.