ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Halisonu5

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:18 am

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:16 pm
Khokhar1980 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 pm
LORDAFGHAN wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:40 pm
MY SELF BRITISH AFGHAN FROM THE AGE OF 10 WIFE PAKISTANI

Online Application Submitted: 4th November 2017
Category of Application: Non- Priority (Standard Application)
Type of Application: Dependent Settlement Entry Clearance (Wife)
Biometrics appointment: 08th November 2017
Documents sent to Sheffield: 18th November 2017
Documents Returned: NO
LATE FEB - PHONE INTERVIEW TO JOB PLACE- MISTAKE 1 - MENTIONED CORRECT MARRIAGE DATE BUT STATED IT WAS WRONG AND CHANGED IT TO 4 DAYS ALTER :(
(EMAIL after contacting home office) Sheffield: 5th MARCH 2018 (Unfortunately, applications have not been straightforward and unable to decide within target standard time once decision made we will notify you)/

No Interview to applicant nor. it has been 121 days working days since bio metrics are taken.

Did anyone receive same E-mail recently? I AM UNSURE WHAT TO DO. MET ALL REQUIREMENTS, PERHAPS ME BEING AFGHAN AND HER PAKISTANI.
Bro ..more Or less everyone is in same condition...
Tired n frustrated due to time span....
We don't hv any option other than wait....
So everyone is doing same...praying for selves n for others....looking every coming day with hope n positivity...
But u must contact ur local MP...they might help u ...
IT FRUSTRATING, but i dont want to push the guys too much, otherwise they would just dislike it
All u can do is wait really...i don't think contacting them helps...they never tell u anything n besides they don't think what we would dislike..just do what u feel is right....

Halisonu5

Post by Halisonu5 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:24 am

jamshaid wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:43 am
Hello Guiez

Finally my wife and son Visa has approved and they collected their Passports today.
Online Application: 15th Nov 2017
Type of Application: Standard (Non-Priority)
Applicants: Spouse Entry Clearance and Dependent Child
Bio metric Date: 20th November 2017
Documents Sent: 24th November 2017
Documents Returns: Second Week of December 2017
Not Straightforward E-mail Received: 06th February 2018
First Escalation Made: 06th March 2018
Child IHS payment Link Received: 13th April 2018
Second Escalation: 26th April 2018
Collection Call Received: 10th May 2018
Passports Collected (Visa Approved): 11th May 2018 Visa Granted for both of them :D

No interview calls were made by Home Office either to applicants nor to Sponsor or Employer. It was a bit long wait for decision but happy ending. :D :D
Congratulations just seen ur update...happy 4u...may allah keep u n family happy n I hope it's same for me....its been long wait but if the outcome is good the wait is worth it

aliharoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aliharoon » Wed May 23, 2018 8:19 am

Hi i am new to this just thought to take advice from any of you guys, i have applied for wife spouse visa
Online application 28-03-2018 (standard)
Bio metrics been take at lahore on 03-04-2018
Document sent to Sheffield on 05-04-2018
Since than I did not hear anything from them neither I received documents back nor any email? Has going through same thing? Or anyone can tell me if this normal?
JazakAllah would be really appreciated for reply :)

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Wed May 23, 2018 12:25 pm

San111 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am
Hi everyone my hubby done biometric on the 30/04/18 (priority)On the 18/05/18 I sent an email to ukvi they replied within 20 minutes of email being sent. On the 19/05/18 i received back the return of supporting documents, what confused me the application and appendix 2 form were also sent back with supporting documents. However inside the package a letter was enclose that states: Dear sir/madam. Sponsor documents
Thank you for sending documents in support of U.K. visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by U.K. visa and immigration in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.
In due course the applicant will received a decision on the application.

1) does this means a decision is imminent
2) is it normal to receive back application along with appendix 2 when returning back supporting documents.

Thank you
hi san111
in early ur post u wrote emile to ukvi for status update and they send u reply in few hours after can u plz tell me what u enquiy about mean about documents or b/c i also applied priority visa 2 may and biomatric 8 may 2018 and documents send 10 may 2018 and since nothing receive any email or doc back so plz tell me which email adress u send email and u ask about document confirmation

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 pm

It's normal. Some people hear nothing until they are asked to pick up passport.

If you are really worried email them and ask for an update - ask for message to be forwarded to decision making centre. InshaAllah your wife gets the visa very soon.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

San111
Jamaica

Post by San111 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

naz khan wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:25 pm
San111 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 am
Hi everyone my hubby done biometric on the 30/04/18 (priority)On the 18/05/18 I sent an email to ukvi they replied within 20 minutes of email being sent. On the 19/05/18 i received back the return of supporting documents, what confused me the application and appendix 2 form were also sent back with supporting documents. However inside the package a letter was enclose that states: Dear sir/madam. Sponsor documents
Thank you for sending documents in support of U.K. visa application. Copies of all these documents have been retained by U.K. visa and immigration in order to assess the application and as such we are returning the original documents to you. You may be receiving these documents prior to the applicant receiving a decision on the application. This is a normal part of the process and you need take no further action. Should we require anything further from you we will contact you via the email address you have supplied.
In due course the applicant will received a decision on the application.

1) does this means a decision is imminent
2) is it normal to receive back application along with appendix 2 when returning back supporting documents.

Thank you
hi san111
in early ur post u wrote emile to ukvi for status update and they send u reply in few hours after can u plz tell me what u enquiy about mean about documents or b/c i also applied priority visa 2 may and biomatric 8 may 2018 and documents send 10 may 2018 and since nothing receive any email or doc back so plz tell me which email adress u send email and u ask about document confirmation
I email and request a status update also I sent my children original British passport with supporting documents and I request their passport back as they will be travelling soon. The next day I receive supporting documents and a letter stating application is at decision making centre. This morning I also
Receive another email stating that my case as been escalated. It’s been 16 working days biometric was taken.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:29 pm

Your just gonna have to be patient and wait.

Home Office were clearing a lot of the Windrush Applications so that may have delayed some applications too since they were allocating a lot of officers to windrush applications.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

aliharoon
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aliharoon » Thu May 24, 2018 12:55 pm

aliharoon wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:19 am
Hi i am new to this just thought to take advice from any of you guys, i have applied for wife spouse visa
Online application 28-03-2018 (standard)
Bio metrics been take at lahore on 03-04-2018
Document sent to Sheffield on 05-04-2018
Document received 24-05-2018
I received documents back on 24 may 2018
Please remember me in your dua

adam2645
Newly Registered

Post by adam2645 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi everyone I'm new here and just want to share my timeline. Me and my wife were going crazy for the past few weeks but managed to get it.

Visa: Wife Settlement
Priority/Non-Priority: Non-Priority
Application submitted online: 29th Dec
Date biometrics taken: 4th Jan
Supporting documents sent via post to Sheffield 6th Jan.
Received from Sheffield via Royal Mail (special delivery) 8th Jan.
Supporting documents with letter received via post from Sheffield: 24th Jan.
Email received from Sheffield 24th Jan saying that documents and have arrived and considering a decision.

Emailed VFS for status: 21st Mar
Received email VFS saying that the 'Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.': 23rd Mar

Received call from Home office calling both sponsor and employer confirming the employment and general details: 28th Mar

Home office asking for payslips and employer's letter already given to them: Scanned and sent same day 23rd Mar
Escalated and delayed 3 times with same automated not straightforward email: 2nd Apr, 9th Apr, 24th Apr (18+ weeks)
Contacted local MP: 20th Apr (Takes up to 20 working days for a result)
MP emailed back with good news: 15th May (Visa issued on 10th May)

Decision Email: None
Sms Of Processed Visa from VFS: None
Email Of Processed Visa from VFS: 21st May
Call received from delivery service: 21st May
Total processing time: 20 weeks / 100 working days
Date of Passport Delivery: 22nd May

FINALLY APPROVED!!!
Vignette valid from: 17th May - 16th June

What really helped us was to contact your local MP.

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 am

adam2645 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 5:38 pm
Hi everyone I'm new here and just want to share my timeline. Me and my wife were going crazy for the past few weeks but managed to get it.

Email received from Sheffield 24th Jan saying that documents and have arrived and considering a decision.

Received email VFS saying that the 'Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.': 23rd Mar

Received call from Home office calling both sponsor and employer confirming the employment and general details: 28th Mar

Home office asking for payslips and employer's letter already given to them: Scanned and sent same day 23rd Mar
Escalated and delayed 3 times with same automated not straightforward email: 2nd Apr, 9th Apr, 24th Apr (18+ weeks)

FINALLY APPROVED!!!

congratulations dear..we are in same boat waiting sine 10jan,2018 but still nothing hear from HO.needs prayers

naz khan
Pakistan

Post by naz khan » Fri May 25, 2018 9:41 am

update 25/05/2018

Country applying Karachi Pakistan
Type of visa applied for: Spouse Visa and Child Visa for 3 kids
Priority/Non-Priority: Priority
Online Application Completed: 02/05/2018
Bio-metrics taken: 08/05/2018
Documents sent to Sheffield: 10/05/2018
Documents received at Sheffield: 11/05/2018
Email from UKVI: 24/05/2018 all applicant separate email recessive (applications in decision making center)
ihs child payments ; only one child requested payment and rest off 2 child didn't recessive request
Sponsor contacted by UKVI (if applicable):
Documents returned:
Decision made email from UKVI:
Decision made text from VFS :
Passport collected

i recessive email for ihs one child and requested amount is(PKR) 184811 /-- its in pound £1200 i am really confuse why they send 1200 pound payment request for one child instead of £600 for each person mention in ihs web but i paid yesterday and wait for other 2 child ihs requested can any one help me in same situation and paid this £1200 for one child and my other 2 child payment still not requested and its good sign for visa they get all applicant they requested ihs payment mean they willing to give visa to all 4 applicant

LORDAFGHAN
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by LORDAFGHAN » Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 am

AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

MY SELF BRITISH AFGHAN wife pakistani

LATE FEB - PHONE INTERVIEW TO JOB PLACE- MISTAKE 1 - MENTIONED CORRECT MARRIAGE DATE BUT STATED IT WAS WRONG AND CHANGED IT TO 4 DAYS ALTER :(
(EMAIL after contacting home office) Sheffield: 5th MARCH 2018 (Unfortunately, applications have not been straightforward and unable to decide within target standard time once decision made we will notify you).
25th May 2018 - Spouse contacted to pick up her passport- unknown status of visa would know once passport is collected have a strong feeling it would be REJECTED or REFUSED due to the length they took.

waiting

Miyash
Pakistan

Post by Miyash » Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 am

Best of luck..

adam2645
Newly Registered

Post by adam2645 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Miyash wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 9:18 am
adam2645 wrote:

FINALLY APPROVED!!!

congratulations dear..we are in same boat waiting sine 10jan,2018 but still nothing hear from HO.needs prayers
Thank you :D

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 am

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:07 am
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

(EMAIL after contacting home office) Sheffield: 5th MARCH 2018 (Unfortunately, applications have not been straightforward and unable to decide within target standard time once decision made we will notify you).
25th May 2018 - Spouse contacted to pick up her passport- unknown status of visa would know once passport is collected have a strong feeling it would be REJECTED or REFUSED due to the length they took.

waiting
Delay doesn't mean a refusal .
Hoping for positive news for u and ur wife....
Pls update the outcome...
As many people r same in ur position....
Best luck.

Ashi Mukhtar
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ashi Mukhtar » Sat May 26, 2018 9:21 pm

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting
Inshallah Allah do best for u....

Ashi Mukhtar
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ashi Mukhtar » Sat May 26, 2018 9:23 pm

adam2645 wrote:

FINALLY APPROVED!!!

Congratulations...now plz pray for us

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:49 pm

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting
What's the update bro..
..I'm sure....Must b good news....
Insh Allah

adam2645
Newly Registered

Post by adam2645 » Sun May 27, 2018 3:52 pm

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:23 pm
adam2645 wrote:

FINALLY APPROVED!!!

Congratulations...now plz pray for us
Thanks. Insha allah you'll all get it soon. Duas for you all.

adam2645
Newly Registered

Post by adam2645 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:06 pm

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting
Don't worry I've made a few mistakes on my wife's application that I've noticed after I submitted it online. There was a typo on the main application and the translations were supposed to be certified. But we still
managed to get it. It's all about the level of evidence you give to them and to make sure it's clear, organised and in a certain order.

I also received a 15 min phone interview. They asked me these questions (if I remember them all)
Personal Questions
What's my full name?
Are you the sponsor?
Which visa did you apply for?
What is the applicants full name?
What's her relationship to you?
Her date of birth and mine?
Date of marriage?

Employment Questions
Where do you work?
What's the name of the business and its services?
Describe the place you work in and the address?
Who is your employer?
Are you related to the employer and is the applicant related?
How did you get the job?
What was your previous job?
What is the salary of this job?
How often and what date do you get paid?
How long have you been working?
What qualifications do you have for this job?
And finally do you understand all of these questions?

Abk786
Newly Registered

Post by Abk786 » Sun May 27, 2018 4:26 pm

adam2645 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:06 pm
LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting
Don't worry I've made a few mistakes on my wife's application that I've noticed after I submitted it online. There was a typo on the main application and the translations were supposed to be certified. But we still
managed to get it. It's all about the level of evidence you give to them and to make sure it's clear, organised and in a certain order.

I also received a 15 min phone interview. They asked me these questions (if I remember them all)
Personal Questions
What's my full name?
Are you the sponsor?
Date of marriage?

Employment Questions
Where do you work?
Who is your employer?
How did you get the job?
Adam2645, if you dont mind me asking how long had you been married before you applied (did you visit your wife in this time) and what supporting documents did you send? Thanks

adam2645
Newly Registered

Post by adam2645 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:58 pm

Abk786 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:26 pm
adam2645 wrote:
LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting

Personal Questions
What's my full name?
Are you the sponsor?
Date of marriage?

Employment Questions
Where do you work?
Who is your employer?
How did you get the job?
Adam2645, if you dont mind me asking how long had you been married before you applied (did you visit your wife in this time) and what supporting documents did you send? Thanks
We've been married for 3 and half years but been living with each other for only a year and half in Indonesia. We've known each other about over 6 years. Came back to the UK to meet the requirements which took me a while and went back to Indonesia around June 2017 for a month then came back to UK. The first visa was refused in 2015 which was a 6 month visitor visa (wrong visa for married couples). This is probably the reason why it was delayed for 5 months.

The supporting documents needs to be in a certain order now to speed up the process.

Appointment Form, Main Application and Appendix 2 (signed and scanned from applicant)
- Include all receipts and originals to the application centre and send copies to Sheffield

Tuberculosis and English A1 test (needs to be from the correct centre and hospital)
- Include all receipts and originals

Relationship history
- Include some messages for each year from messenger or whatsapp
- call logs and any digital communication
- images of gifts, the wedding, places you've been in the country, romantic/intimate photos (couples only don't include other family members), mention where and when.
- his/her bank statements (stamped or signed)
- marriage certificates/book (and Certificate of No Impediment for UK citizens)
- certified translations (I asked a freelancer but lawyer says it should be certified)
- His/her mother and father's name (I added a family document similar to a birth certificate, don't know if there's one in Pakistan and other countries but something to show the applicant's parents name)

Sponsor's Finances
- Banks statements of at least 6-12 months from the date of application (make sure it's stamped)
- 6 months or more of payslips and/or p60 (if it's been more than a year)
- Any financial documents that are related to the category
- Employer's letter with letterhead stating your name, the company, start date, position, contract length, salary before tax and the dates you usually get paid. All you need is a small paragraph, make sure it's signed and send all originals to Sheffield.

Sponsor's Accommodation (a little tricky but different for everyone)
- If renting then send the deposit letter, receipts for payments each month, signed tenancy agreement (just the one page), details of the letting agent, images of the flat/house inside, inventory report of how many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc; council tax letters if any,
- If you have a mortgage then send a copy of the deed, council tax, inventory report from your local council, utility bills, etc.
- If you live with your parents, you need a signed letter from the owner, the rest above and details of anyone else staying at the property.
- Make sure no overcrowding, so no more than 2 people in 1 room

These are not all documents for every case but it's what I had to send them.

Try to keep it as simple as possible but if documents are confusing to others, they won't know so you'll need to write a small statement of anything that they should know for any document you're presenting to them. Even if it's an address that is hard to find, you need to give coordinates from google of where that address is. Make sure everything matches and adds up.
It's advisable to get a lawyer who can check the documents for you because it's easy to miss out something without a proper checklist. Don't pay a lawyer more than £600 just to check documents because all they do is check all documents, tell you what is needed and fill in the application for you. They can't do anything else inside the Home Office but MPs can.

Abk786
Newly Registered

Post by Abk786 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:33 pm

adam2645 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:58 pm
Abk786 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:26 pm
adam2645 wrote:
LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting

Personal Questions
What's my full name?
Are you the sponsor?
Date of marriage?

Employment Questions
Where do you work?
Who is your employer?
How did you get the job?
We've been married for 3 and half years but been living with each other for only a year and half in Indonesia. We've known each other about over 6 years. Came back to the UK to meet the requirements which took me a while and went back to Indonesia around June 2017 for a month then came back to UK. The first visa was refused in 2015 which was a 6 month visitor visa (wrong visa for married couples). This is probably the reason why it was delayed for 5 months.

The supporting documents needs to be in a certain order now to speed up the process.

Appointment Form, Main Application and Appendix 2 (signed and scanned from applicant)
- Include all receipts and originals to the application centre and send copies to Sheffield

Tuberculosis and English A1 test (needs to be from the correct centre and hospital)
- Include all receipts and originals

Relationship history
- Include some messages for each year from messenger or whatsapp
- call logs and any digital communication
- images of gifts, the wedding, places you've been in the country, romantic/intimate photos (couples only don't include other family members), mention where and when.
- his/her bank statements (stamped or signed)
- marriage certificates/book (and Certificate of No Impediment for UK citizens)
- certified translations (I asked a freelancer but lawyer says it should be certified)
- His/her mother and father's name (I added a family document similar to a birth certificate, don't know if there's one in Pakistan and other countries but something to show the applicant's parents name)

Sponsor's Finances
- Banks statements of at least 6-12 months from the date of application (make sure it's stamped)
- 6 months or more of payslips and/or p60 (if it's been more than a year)
- Any financial documents that are related to the category
- Employer's letter with letterhead stating your name, the company, start date, position, contract length, salary before tax and the dates you usually get paid. All you need is a small paragraph, make sure it's signed and send all originals to Sheffield.

Sponsor's Accommodation (a little tricky but different for everyone)
- If renting then send the deposit letter, receipts for payments each month, signed tenancy agreement (just the one page), details of the letting agent, images of the flat/house inside, inventory report of how many bedrooms, bathrooms, etc; council tax letters if any,
- If you have a mortgage then send a copy of the deed, council tax, inventory report from your local council, utility bills, etc.
- If you live with your parents, you need a signed letter from the owner, the rest above and details of anyone else staying at the property.
- Make sure no overcrowding, so no more than 2 people in 1 room

These are not all documents for every case but it's what I had to send them.

Try to keep it as simple as possible but if documents are confusing to others, they won't know so you'll need to write a small statement of anything that they should know for any document you're presenting to them. Even if it's an address that is hard to find, you need to give coordinates from google of where that address is. Make sure everything matches and adds up.
It's advisable to get a lawyer who can check the documents for you because it's easy to miss out something without a proper checklist. Don't pay a lawyer more than £600 just to check documents because all they do is check all documents, tell you what is needed and fill in the application for you. They can't do anything else inside the Home Office but MPs can.
Thank you for your reply. Its very detailed helpful! Really appreciated!

Ashi Mukhtar
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ashi Mukhtar » Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 am

LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting
what happened today???? plz share with us plz

Khokhar1980
Pakistan

Post by Khokhar1980 » Mon May 28, 2018 9:40 am

Ashi Mukhtar wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 am
LORDAFGHAN wrote:
AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY.

waiting
what happened today???? plz share with us plz
Every one is desperately waiting for his answer.
Coz more or less we are also same in his position.
So bro....Pls share ur result and tell us positive news. Lots of prayers.