ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4EUFAM expire next year

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Stamp4EUFAM expire next year

Post by masterboy123 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi all :)

My stamp4eufam is going to expire in May 2019 (12 months left) and we are looking for options what to do next as current processing times are 9-12 months.

I understand I can apply for EU3 form for permanent Irish residence but it requires 5 years residence in the state, which is not completed yet. Can I still apply for it now?

My EU spouse will have 5 years completed in the next few months and will apply for Irish citizenship. I am wondering if I should apply for Irish citizenship also? I hope the 6 months of temporary stamp4eufam is counted towards reckonable residence.

What will be the best option for me?

Anyone in the same boat or had a similar experience? Please share your experience.

Thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp4EUFAM expire next year

Post by broli » Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 am

You can Apply for EU3 6 month before the expiry of your current stamp.

Citizenship yes the 6 months temporary stamp counts and even the letter granting you that temporary stamp can be used to cover additional days.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 am

Thanks Broli :) I have seen your posts and found them helpful as you had a similar case as mine.

Do you know if EU3 is usually given in the 6 months time frame?

And can I apply for both the EU3 and citizenship at the same time?
broli wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 am

Citizenship yes the 6 months temporary stamp counts and even the letter granting you that temporary stamp can be used to cover additional days.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:36 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 am
Thanks Broli :) I have seen your posts and found them helpful as you had a similar case as mine.

Do you know if EU3 is usually given in the 6 months time frame?

And can I apply for both the EU3 and citizenship at the same time?
broli wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 am

I think it will take the same min 9 months for the eu3. I would apply 9-10 months before the expiration date. If you run out of time, u wont have a valid resident card, and the new 10 years card is still did not come, then u will be fired from ur workplace cause u cannot prove that ur legal here, happened with many, they had to go and pay for solicitor, ugly story....u could be jobless for months....

You can apply for citizenship if u actually passed the 5 years mark, which is accurately calculated in days, but u have to apply on eu3 form BEFORE the 5 years card expires.

Also normally i think immigration wants to see you permanent resident certificate, to prove that u were here legally for 5 years, and than u can proceed with naturalisation.

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:54 pm

hi member
when we apply eu stamp these days anybody heard about during process the immigration officer come to your house check they are both living???take interview etc...

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 am

I Never heard about those checks may be if the suspect something.

They also targeting some group of nationalities (they also target marriage with eastern Europeans a lot more ) i think they could slowing or blocking some people citizenship if the suspect something i just saw the news.
Genuine people i hope will not be impacted.

@ Jul1 when i applied it was 6 months before Expiry on the website they say applied 6 months before --however they gave me 9 months temporary permit (which is an extension of 3 month on the same week i applied ). because they knew it takes up to 9 months i think.

Easy case you wife worked for 5 years straight you could get it fast some got in 1 month 2 months or before 6 months

I got EU3 after 9 months but my case was more resident on suffiscient funds so a lot of documents. Citizenship even came faster for me 6 months approx .

@masterboy just follow the rules apply for EU3 as per rule and citizenship as per rule no need to them on the same day.

I went for EU3 6months exactly before expiry and citizenship 2 days after i became eligible whatever comes first :mrgreen:

Yes i applied quickly because i planned to leave the country for few years and i was only waiting for EU3 or Citizenship so if you are not in hurry like you can still take your time and applied for them at the same time .

Note : i do not proof read trying to help but very busy

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi Broli,

Thank you.

I came to Ireland on short term C visa and then applied for EU1 application and initially received 6 months temporary stamp 4 card and before it expired I got 5 years stamp4eufam.

Does the time period starts from Temporary 6 months stamp 4 or can short term C visa can be considered in also?
And did you get EU3 application approved within 6 months? Because another user posted it took 9 months and people lost job as they were without any valid card.
If I apply 9 months before the expiry then 5 years won't be completed.

My EU spouse has worked continously since we are in Ireland. There were gap of 2-3 weeks twice when we moved to different cities and I have always updated EU treaty right office by post about change of address and new job contract and payslips of EU spouse.

So have people applied for EU3 application 9 months before their Stamp4EUFAM expired?
:oops:
broli wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 am
I Never heard about those checks may be if the suspect something.

They also targeting some group of nationalities (they also target marriage with eastern Europeans a lot more ) i think they could slowing or blocking some people citizenship if the suspect something i just saw the news.
Genuine people i hope will not be impacted.

@ Jul1 when i applied it was 6 months before Expiry on the website they say applied 6 months before --however they gave me 9 months temporary permit (which is an extension of 3 month on the same week i applied ). because they knew it takes up to 9 months i think.

Easy case you wife worked for 5 years straight you could get it fast some got in 1 month 2 months or before 6 months

I got EU3 after 9 months but my case was more resident on suffiscient funds so a lot of documents. Citizenship even came faster for me 6 months approx .

@masterboy just follow the rules apply for EU3 as per rule and citizenship as per rule no need to them on the same day.

I went for EU3 6months exactly before expiry and citizenship 2 days after i became eligible whatever comes first :mrgreen:

Yes i applied quickly because i planned to leave the country for few years and i was only waiting for EU3 or Citizenship so if you are not in hurry like you can still take your time and applied for them at the same time .

Note : i do not proof read trying to help but very busy

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Does the time period starts from Temporary 6 months stamp 4 or can short term C visa can be considered in also? its start from the date on letter you got granting 6months stamps i used the date on letter :mrgreen: because i took my gnib 1 week later.

And did you get EU3 application approved within 6 months? No i got approved exactly 3 days before my new temp permit expired so 8 month 25 days
I have always updated EU treaty right office by post about change of address and new job contract and payslips of EU spouse. (Did you update GNIB office :idea: i didnt and they were happy about GNIB office should be updated on any change of address)

So have people applied for EU3 application 9 months before their Stamp4EUFAM expired? NO you can only apply 6 months before as per guidelines ...probably they give you a 9 months extension like me. Example my Eu4FAM expired on 21 december 2018 i applied in june 21 2018 and the same week they sent letter granting me 9 month stamp as they know it takes long enough.)

Here is the general trend i noticed that most EU4FAM EU3 get approval at latest on the 3 to 1 day before temp visa expiry.

Your case is very easy IMO so be happy because mine was a complete mess i had to clarify a lot of thing as my wife was never working but self suffiscient.

You do not lose you job if approval is not out in nine month as per info on website go to GNIB with wife but you case is straight forward. (Of course marriage has to be clearly genuine)

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks Broli,

No I have never updated my address with Garda, but I have always sent new documents to EU treaty right office and got acknowledgement email from them. Do I need to go to local Garda station and update? I can do that now, but I wonder how will I update previous addresses with Garda if I need to? :?:

Where did you read this guideline that we can apply for EU3 application 6 months before expiry of stamp4eufam only? If I apply exactly 6 months before expiry of stamp4eufam then that's exactly the right time to apply for Irish citizenship also, bcoz it will exactly be 5 years (6 months on temporary stamp + 4.5 years stamp4eufam)

Thanks again for all your help :!: :mrgreen:

broli wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 pm
Does the time period starts from Temporary 6 months stamp 4 or can short term C visa can be considered in also? its start from the date on letter you got granting 6months stamps i used the date on letter :mrgreen: because i took my gnib 1 week later.

And did you get EU3 application approved within 6 months? No i got approved exactly 3 days before my new temp permit expired so 8 month 25 days
I have always updated EU treaty right office by post about change of address and new job contract and payslips of EU spouse. (Did you update GNIB office :idea: i didnt and they were happy about GNIB office should be updated on any change of address)

So have people applied for EU3 application 9 months before their Stamp4EUFAM expired? NO you can only apply 6 months before as per guidelines ...probably they give you a 9 months extension like me. Example my Eu4FAM expired on 21 december 2018 i applied in june 21 2018 and the same week they sent letter granting me 9 month stamp as they know it takes long enough.)

Here is the general trend i noticed that most EU4FAM EU3 get approval at latest on the 3 to 1 day before temp visa expiry.

Your case is very easy IMO so be happy because mine was a complete mess i had to clarify a lot of thing as my wife was never working but self suffiscient.

You do not lose you job if approval is not out in nine month as per info on website go to GNIB with wife but you case is straight forward. (Of course marriage has to be clearly genuine)

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:44 am

for the reckonable residency the period should start when u entered the country on the visa c, with eu spouse, not from the date when u were originally accepted for temporary card.
Cause u were accepted means that u were here legally from the day u entered the country

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Where did you read this guideline that we can apply for EU3 application 6 months before expiry of stamp4eufam only? If I apply exactly 6 months before expiry of stamp4eufam then that's exactly the right time to apply for Irish citizenship also, bcoz it will exactly be 5 years (6 months on temporary stamp + 4.5 years stamp4eufam)

if u get a 9 months extension than its ok to apply 6 months before the expiry date of the stamp4 eufam card. Altough if INIS runs out of that 9 months u can actually lose ur job, though ur legally here, u just cannot prove it with a valid card, but u cant do anything about this other than apply in time and well organise ur documents.

So being here for 4.5 years overall, u can apply on eu3, and after being here for 5 years u can apply for citizenship. Very likely u will get ur permanent card before ur citizenship.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 am

If it takes 9 months to get EU3, then why is it that we can apply only 6 months before the expiry of stamp4eufam? Is it written somewhere on their website?

And yes I will also apply for citizenship 6 months before expiry of stamp4eufam. As we got temp stamp 4 for 6 months and then 4.5 years on permanent 5 years stamp4eufam, accounting a total of 5 years.
jul1 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 am
masterboy123 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

if u get a 9 months extension than its ok to apply 6 months before the expiry date of the stamp4 eufam card. Altough if INIS runs out of that 9 months u can actually lose ur job, though ur legally here, u just cannot prove it with a valid card, but u cant do anything about this other than apply in time and well organise ur documents.

So being here for 4.5 years overall, u can apply on eu3, and after being here for 5 years u can apply for citizenship. Very likely u will get ur permanent card before ur citizenship.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am

When I write stamp C in the residency calculator then it doesn't show up any days. Not sure if stamp C is same as Visa C?
Anyone has experience if Visa C was counted towards reckonable residence?
jul1 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:44 am
for the reckonable residency the period should start when u entered the country on the visa c, with eu spouse, not from the date when u were originally accepted for temporary card.
Cause u were accepted means that u were here legally from the day u entered the country

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 am

You must report change of address to the local police (as per law you could go to Prison for not doing they told :mrgreen: they only gave me a lecture). You have to Update EUTR + GNIB each of them only for address.

For exemple one day at the airport they asked my address and it was not the same in their system , they asked where was my wife "i confirmed she is at home in my new address" they told me to update address. I was shocked because i update EUTR with my new address 2 times .

So its sort of important you dont want to run into a suspicious airport garda .

EUTR amd GNIB dont have the same database it seems.

C is not a stamp its merely en entry visa category for 90 days not a resident permit

What count is stamp 4 the day you get the letter confirming 6 months that is you first stamp (resident permit).

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks Broli.

So what documents should I take to my local Garda station to update our address? :shock: And does EU spouse need come also?
And what about my previous 2 addresses, can Garda still update it on their system? :?:

broli wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 am
You must report change of address to the local police (as per law you could go to Prison for not doing they told :mrgreen: they only gave me a lecture). You have to Update EUTR + GNIB each of them only for address.

For exemple one day at the airport they asked my address and it was not the same in their system , they asked where was my wife "i confirmed she is at home in my new address" they told me to update address. I was shocked because i update EUTR with my new address 2 times .

So its sort of important you dont want to run into a suspicious airport garda .

EUTR amd GNIB dont have the same database it seems.

C is not a stamp its merely en entry visa category for 90 days not a resident permit

What count is stamp 4 the day you get the letter confirming 6 months that is you first stamp (resident permit).

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon May 28, 2018 1:19 pm

well i had to do it with EU citizen because i needed temporary stamp.

Forget about previous addresses update for the current one.

But i think you can do it alone just a a recent utility bill or bank statement in both names. They will tell you if eu citz need to come.

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Broli@

You got eu3 10 year stamp base on living 5 year or more living with eu spouse can you tell me the Department count the time from temporary stamp or 5 years 4stamp EuFam i’m bit confuse the time period living with eu spouse because im living with my eu spouse over 5 years now but my stamp covering the less then 5 years now from where i need to count the time thanks

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon May 28, 2018 7:26 pm

irish786 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:51 pm
Broli@

You got eu3 10 year stamp base on living 5 year or more living with eu spouse can you tell me the Department count the time from temporary stamp or 5 years 4stamp EuFam i’m bit confuse the time period living with eu spouse because im living with my eu spouse over 5 years now but my stamp covering the less then 5 years now from where i need to count the time thanks
Dont even count if you apply for 10 years stamp only rule is "Apply 6 months before your EU4FAM expires". really simple

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 pm

i know about this apply 6 month before expire 5 years card but i’m confuses about INIS when they count the time period having 5 years with the spouse from temporary stamp or 5 years stamp??

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon May 28, 2018 8:59 pm

irish786 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 pm
i know about this apply 6 month before expire 5 years card but i’m confuses about INIS when they count the time period having 5 years with the spouse from temporary stamp or 5 years stamp??

Like i said for the purpose of eu3 it does not matter some people did not get got EU3 before 5 years
They got Eu4 in 4 months and EU3 just 1 month afte application.
So focus on what is necessary which is 6 months before you stamps expire you apply for EU3.

Thats all you need no math. It's that simple :mrgreen:

However 5 citizenship you must count everything

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:56 pm

broli wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 am

For non-eu the requirement :

"You must show that you have lived in the State legally for at least 1825 or 1826 days over the last 9 years. This includes:..."

and then when i open the residency calculator , first u have to enter the date when will u apply for citizenship:

"Application date (mandatory)
Note: this must be before your current permission stamp expires"

if u dont fill that the calculator wont work, and it even pops up an error message that the application date has to be filled

i entered my wife details, starting with visa C, then the eu treaty letter date for acceptance, and it actually calculated the days spent on visa C too
When my wife entered Ireland she was already legally living with me as eu citizen, though she got her stamp4 eu fam card a bit later then she entered the country, but cause she was accepted as qualifying family member, it means she was legal from the date she entered the country.

I guess the calculator did not show any days cause this application date was not entered first.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:59 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am
When I write stamp C in the residency calculator then it doesn't show up any days. Not sure if stamp C is same as Visa C?
jul1 wrote:
u did not fill the application date on the beginning of the calculator, that is why it is not calculated

I tried it myself and visa show up as reckonable residency

irish786
Ireland

Post by irish786 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:08 pm

jul
i got the first stamp april 2013 valid for 4 month on my passport but i applid feb 2013 received the eu treaty letter march wich dated received the application on feb witch date i need tu put on residency calculator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 pm

You are right Jul1. I wrote date in the beginning and stamp C is counted towards reckonable period. :)
jul1 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:59 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am
jul1 wrote:
u did not fill the application date on the beginning of the calculator, that is why it is not calculated

I tried it myself and visa show up as reckonable residency

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm

I Notice that as well.