ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got offer from Cambridge need info and advice

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp

Got offer from Cambridge need info and advice

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Hi Forum,

I recently received a job offer from a company in Cambridge. I need a couple of inputs regarding jobs and indians in cambridge. Members please advice on:

1) I am temporarily living in London, how can I find about indian house shares in cambridge?

2) What would be the approximate living costs considering I am open to living in an house share?

3) Which areas in cambridge should i focus on for
cheaper accomodation. Any sites and pointers in this regard would be appreciated.

4) In london there are off license stores in wembley/kingsbury where we can get information about such house shares, are there any such shops in cambridge and where?

5) My wife is still looking for a job in London. Lets suppose she gets a job in London, what will be approximate cost she would have to incur to travel from cambridge to london on a daily basis.

6) Is there some indian association in cambridge which can help us with initial accomodation? I am going through sites like gumtree but the rates are just too high, also the agents charge a hefty sum for their services.

Any pointers about the above will be much helpful.

Looking forward to comments from senior members.

Regards
InUkOnHsmp