ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Middle name not used

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Azurite
Newly Registered
Poland

Middle name not used

Post by Azurite » Wed May 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi All,

When I was taking English exam for citizenship (Trinity College) I didn't put my middle name in the form as I never use it and it was optional field. During registration, person who was checking my details noticed that and advised me that it might cause problems with application as the certificate won't show my full name. It arrived few days later with no middle name on it.

Is that a problem really? When filling in an online form, there is an option to add 'other names' - should I use this to indicate that I'm not using my middle name? My payslips, P60s and letters from employer also don't mention my middle name - I think it's not even in my employer's system. I already filled in 'other names' section as I got married so changed my last name to double barrelled.

Many thanks.

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Re: Middle name not used

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:53 pm

You can add this explanation on your online application form. There is a section for additional information. Cannot remember exactly how it is phrased on the application form.

Azurite
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Azurite » Wed May 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Ah right, there is last question 'Give other details to be considered'. Thanks, will add info there just in case.

BTW, as household bills are no longer considered as proof of living in the UK, are any other documents I could supply? Mortgage statement? Council tax bill? Letters from HMRC? Letter from employer? Any good? Anything else that would qualify, please?

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 pm

If you are non EEA, all that is required is your passport covering the last 5 yrs.
If you are an EEA national, p60 or letter from employer will do.

Azurite
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Azurite » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:23 pm

Thanks!