ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Qualification Date Confusion - Please Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

ILR Qualification Date Confusion - Please Help

Post by hassanh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:01 am

Hi all,

I would highly appreciate if someone can guide me to the correct earliest date I can apply for ILR on the basis of Tier 2.

My initial Tier 2 was issued in country on 17th September 2013. I am looking for PEO appointment for 22nd of August (26 days before) to be on safe side but as you know desired appointments are nowadays difficult to get so I wanted to know if an appointment available then I am safe to apply on 20th August, 2018 as well (17 Sep minus 28 days)?

I know the calculation is extremely simply but what confuses me is different phrases on different places like on many places it says you can apply before up to 28 days you qualify for ILR and on one place I have read that your application should be within 28 days of your 5th anniversary. So your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hassan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Qualification Date Confusion - Please Help

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:10 am

Within 28 days before 17th September 2018, which is the 5th anniversary AND the qualifying period of ILR.

Too early to get an appointment now though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: ILR Qualification Date Confusion - Please Help

Post by hassanh » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:24 am

Hi CR001,

Yes, I know I cannot book appointment now but preparing in advance for on what date I should be looking for PEO appointment.

So as per your advise, 20th August should be safe to apply for ILR in my case?

Thanks,
Hassan