ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address different on COS and visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

2018Earth
Newly Registered
Ireland

Address different on COS and visa application

Post by 2018Earth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi everyone, employer is about to apply for my COS . I am currently in training in Ireland until the next two weeks. After which time I will be travelling back to my home country.

In the COS application it asks for current address . If I give the Irish address now and later give my home country address on the visa application , will the home office create issues ?

Is it important that the address is the same on both COS and Visa application ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Address different on COS and visa application

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Current address = the address where you live NOT where you are temporarily on 'training', 'business meetings' etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

2018Earth
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by 2018Earth » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:21 pm

Thanks for responding so quick .

Actually I have been on training for two years and been on this address for two years in Ireland . But training is ending and I am leaving in two weeks . Hence this confusion. Please advise which address to put in the COS ?

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Ultimately you will apply from home country so as per my opinion you can put your home country address on your cos and visa application

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:09 am

2018Earth wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:16 pm
Hi everyone, employer is about to apply for my COS . I am currently in training in Ireland until the next two weeks. After which time I will be travelling back to my home country.

In the COS application it asks for current address . If I give the Irish address now and later give my home country address on the visa application , will the home office create issues ?

Is it important that the address is the same on both COS and Visa application ?
As advised already, since you are leaving Ireland soon. Your address should be your home country, where you will be applying from
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.