ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Human1212
Newly Registered
Cuba

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Human1212 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Chetto1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:43 pm
Hey human1212 congrats to you .
It looks pretty fast process .i applied in late march still waiting for the decision .did you applied through solicitor or by youself and any supporting documents you sent with the application?

I applied by myself, didn't sent any other supporting documents. Just application ; Good luck to all

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am

Peace lover wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 2:27 pm
Oria wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:27 pm
I applied on 19 April and received first email on 27 April. If it was supposed to be monthly update I must have received the second email on 27 May but today is 29 May (no email received) so what does it mean if you don’t receive no further updates?
Well, I think its all depend on the case worker. I didn't received any emails from the beginning and i applied on 12 Dec , Still waiting
You should follow it up, as 6 month service time standard has elapsed. They should have sent you a communication within the first 6 months. I hope your application wasn't lost in the post or something. Did you use signed for/special delivery?

Peace lover
Newly Registered

Post by Peace lover » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 pm

ariskar wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:08 am
Peace lover wrote:
Oria wrote:
I applied on 19 April and received first email on 27 April. If it was supposed to be monthly update I must have received the second email on 27 May but today is 29 May (no email received) so what does it mean if you don’t receive no further updates?
Well, I think its all depend on the case worker. I didn't received any emails from the beginning and i applied on 12 Dec , Still waiting
You should follow it up, as 6 month service time standard has elapsed. They should have sent you a communication within the first 6 months. I hope your application wasn't lost in the post or something. Did you use signed for/special delivery?

Thanks, I received a letter from Ho today and saying that my cased has been refused with no rights of claim.

dellman007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dellman007 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Peace lover wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 pm
ariskar wrote:
Peace lover wrote:
Oria wrote:

Thanks, I received a letter from Ho today and saying that my cased has been refused with no rights of claim.
Hi, so sorry to hear about this.. What was their reason for refusal and hope you were given a right to appeal.

Datle
Vietnam

Post by Datle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:44 pm

dellman007 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:27 pm
Peace lover wrote:
ariskar wrote:
Peace lover wrote:

Hi, so sorry to hear about this.. What was their reason for refusal and hope you were given a right to appeal.
It's so sad to hear that from you. Could you tell me have you done anything wrong or have any criminal record? It is so strange because if they refused they normally still give you a chance to appeal.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:14 am

Peace lover wrote:
ariskar wrote:
Peace lover wrote:
Oria wrote:

I am really sorry to hear that. If you provide the reasons of refusal, forum members could try to help.

I believe you mean "no rights of appeal". This is quite uncommon for in-country applications.

Chetto1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Chetto1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Hey every one .i am very upset to hear about peace lover but what was exactly happened with him because normally after refugee status HO grant ILR but i am bit confused in "no right of claim"what does that mean

dydx
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by dydx » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi Everyone.

It is upsetting to read that Peace Lover's application was rejected with no right of appeal. There are potentially two scenarios.

1. It is a Settlement requirement that applications received more than 3 months before leave expires should be refused using refusal letter ICD.4227, advising the individual that they are being refused settlement, that they have no right of appeal against that decision, and that they should apply again when their leave is due to expire within a month.

2. Where the original grant of asylum or HP remains unchanged but the settlement is refused and limited leave is granted, there is no right of appeal. The decision to refuse settlement is not an appealable decision under the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. You can only appeal against the decision of not recognising you as a person who needs protection.

I am not sure which category Mr Peace Lover falls under. He has an opportunity for a second application with the first scenario. I hope this is the case.

Many thanks
Dydx

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am

dydx wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:53 pm
1. It is a Settlement requirement that applications received more than 3 months before leave expires should be refused using refusal letter ICD.4227, advising the individual that they are being refused settlement, that they have no right of appeal against that decision, and that they should apply again when their leave is due to expire within a month.
Is that even possible? If one applies by mistake 3-4 months before their leave expires, they will most likely get their answer after their time limit leave has already expired. The case of peace lover, per him it took more than 6 months to get a refusal letter...
dydx wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:53 pm
2. Where the original grant of asylum or HP remains unchanged but the settlement is refused and limited leave is granted, there is no right of appeal. The decision to refuse settlement is not an appealable decision under the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002. You can only appeal against the decision of not recognising you as a person who needs protection.
Does anyone know on what grounds does a HO caseworker decide if the person still needing protection, will be granted settlement or extension of his/her time limited leave to remain? Is there some guidance booklet or so?

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Hey everyone.
I cannot believe HO can refuse, but everything happened in this world.
Just gave a call to HO and asked if that is possible to get an update on application. Was rudely said - do not call to us for update and SET application do not have time scales. So, as it appeared 6 months service is not right))) I tried to argue and told that I am receiving emails where it says that my application should take up to 6 month, but still was said, - no it is not right! Just out of interest I asked: "if I need to wait 1, 2 or even 3 years I must not contact HO at all???" You cannot believe but answer was - YES! I MUST NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL.
I was shocked.

It seems no one has any replies. May be HO is very busy with other applications, apart from SET)))

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:54 pm

PPTP wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm
Hey everyone.
I cannot believe HO can refuse, but everything happened in this world.
Just gave a call to HO and asked if that is possible to get an update on application. Was rudely said - do not call to us for update and SET application do not have time scales. So, as it appeared 6 months service is not right))) I tried to argue and told that I am receiving emails where it says that my application should take up to 6 month, but still was said, - no it is not right! Just out of interest I asked: "if I need to wait 1, 2 or even 3 years I must not contact HO at all???" You cannot believe but answer was - YES! I MUST NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL.
I was shocked.

It seems no one has any replies. May be HO is very busy with other applications, apart from SET)))
Hi really sorry to hear that hopefully you 'll get it soon when did you apply.

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am

I have applied end of February, initial letter dated 1 March - fed up with waiting!

Datle
Vietnam

Post by Datle » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:23 pm

PPTP wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am
I have applied end of February, initial letter dated 1 March - fed up with waiting!
I applied on 10th January and still waiting....

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:47 pm

[quote=PPTP post_id=1647053 time=1529147959 user_id=157536]
I also applied on 21st Feb but got BRP on 10th May hopefully you 'll get your soon unfortunately we can't do anything except wait. You 'll get yours soon.

Mikebe
Newly Registered

Post by Mikebe » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:51 pm

hey guys well so sorry to hear about peace love but I dont know he disappeared hope everything is going well with him, any body knows which set application he applied for?!, and what was his leave to remain type before he apply?, I applied on the 5th of january I used to recieve emails every 16th and since April no emails recieved so I dont know what happened since then no updates, @dalte still no updates? anyone applied in january still wating?

Datle
Vietnam

Post by Datle » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:31 pm

Mikebe wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:51 pm
hey guys well so sorry to hear about peace love but I dont know he disappeared hope everything is going well with him, any body knows which set application he applied for?!, and what was his leave to remain type before he apply?, I applied on the 5th of january I used to recieve emails every 16th and since April no emails recieved so I dont know what happened since then no updates, @dalte still no updates? anyone applied in january still wating?
Hi mate. I applied on 10th January via solicitor and just checked them last week and they said they can not do anything when the application still within 6 months. We have to wait when it gets over 6 months they will contact them then.

Datle
Vietnam

Post by Datle » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 pm

Hi every one. It’s such a lovely day ever today. After long time waiting, I received a good news today. My BRP came this morning. I just mentioned about it last night on this page. I applied for me, my daughter and partner. My lane time are.
Application sent on 10th January
HO received on 11th jan
Acknowledge later on 15th January
Biometric done on 30th January
BRP came today 18th June “ 5 months and 1 week’’
My wait has end.
Good luck to everyone.

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Hello everyone.
Applied on 19 April. Biometrics done on 1st May. Anyone from late March or early April got any news yet?

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:36 am

I applied on 28th of March and biometrics were given on 6th of April. I have not heard anything yet.

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi All,
congratulation to everyone who has got his ILR and good luck to every one applying ,
just wondering , what is the best way ;to apply by yourself or use solicitor , i can see the application is straightforward

jais2015

Post by jais2015 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am

Love_GB wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm
Hi All,
congratulation to everyone who has got his ILR and good luck to every one applying ,
just wondering , what is the best way ;to apply by yourself or use solicitor , i can see the application is straightforward
I don't think you need a solicitor as all questions are straightforward. The only question which may need special consideration is "If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.?" other than that I would not spend 1000 pounds for this application. I applied by self and most of my friends did so.

hadaiqahmad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hadaiqahmad » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Good afternoon all,

I just want to share my very good news with you all,

Today afternoon i received my Approval letters and my BRP cards.
still waiting for expired travel documents and others,,,,

Main Applicant + Wife (1 Dependent)
Submitted on 2ny may 18 (with Life in the UK+knowledge of English)
BRP Letter received 8th may 2018
Biometrics submitted 9th may 2018
Received emails : 7th may, 8th june, 25th june
BRP received : 26 june 2018
BRP valid for 10 years without mention on refugee settlement

I wish everyone be a very good luck with their applications. :) :) :)

dellman007
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by dellman007 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:11 pm

hadaiqahmad wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:59 pm
Good afternoon all,

I just want to share my very good news with you all,

Today afternoon i received my Approval letters and my BRP cards.
still waiting for expired travel documents and others,,,,

Main Applicant + Wife (1 Dependent)
Submitted on 2ny may 18 (with Life in the UK+knowledge of English)
BRP Letter received 8th may 2018
Biometrics submitted 9th may 2018
Received emails : 7th may, 8th june, 25th june
BRP received : 26 june 2018
BRP valid for 10 years without mention on refugee settlement

I wish everyone be a very good luck with their applications. :) :) :)

Congrats, that is the quickest I have heard ever. Very lucky you. Enjoy your freedom and new life.

hadaiqahmad
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hadaiqahmad » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:41 pm

I wish you the best of luck for your future to, May you get success on every step :D

Love_GB
Mood:

Post by Love_GB » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 am

jais2015 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:52 am
Love_GB wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm
Hi All,
I don't think you need a solicitor as all questions are straightforward. The only question which may need special consideration is "If you have any reasons or grounds for wishing to stay in the United Kingdom which you have not already mentioned in your application you should do so now in the box below.?" other than that I would not spend 1000 pounds for this application. I applied by self and most of my friends did so.
Many thanks for the reply ,very much appreciated, i do agree with you that question needs a special attention , i asked some friends and they said they'd left it blank , I am confused if i just leave it blank or seek a solicitor assistance.